Revolut Card

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    OceanSound wrote: »
    Revolut are a shoddy Russian outfit.
    Revolut is HQed in London. Their CEO is a British national, according to Companies House. They are authorised by the FCA. So if they are a shoddy outfit, as you claim, they are a shoddy British outfit. Or perhaps British-French, as one of the Directors is French, whilst the others are all British.
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    colsten wrote: »
    According to his Twitter, the OP is/was a Parliamentary Candidate. Can't expect a budding politician to provide you with any evidence. Just do as they tell you :rotfl:
    Do as a BUDDING politician tells you?...DO try to make sense, will you.:rotfl:
  • colsten
    Forumite
    Do as a BUDDING politician tells you?...DO try to make sense, will you.:rotfl:
    Just because you don't get the gist of it doesn't mean I am making no sense.
  • colsten
    Forumite
    So gullible and delusional. Are you aware how easy it is for a Russian millionaire to obtain British citizenship?

On topic have a look at this; https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/customer-fury-at-nikolay-storonskys-revolut-lock-out-rgr2kbs2c
    I am neither gullible nor delusional. You though are rude.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    colsten wrote: »
    Revolut is HQed in London. Their CEO is a British national, according to Companies House. They are authorised by the FCA. So if they are a shoddy outfit, as you claim, they are a shoddy British outfit. Or perhaps British-French, as one of the Directors is French, whilst the others are all British.

The Founder and CEO is Nikolay Storonsky and the founder and CTO is Vlad Yatsenko. Doesn't sound British or French to me.
    https://www.revolut.com/about

I wonder if I can change my User Name to Scottish_Power_Sucks_Big_Time. Maybe not.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Revolut are great, not had an issue.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,547
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The fact that the two founders of Revolut are ethnic Russians inspires the confidence that has been upheld by my 3+ years of using their product with no unresolved problems.

Their staff are very multi ethnic, their CS staff in Krakow command better English than most Brits from my experience, and I suspect that they do well to avoid too much ethnic British participation.

I have yet to encounter any reports of complaints about their service that were demonstrably not due to incompetence, misuse, abuse or refusal to accept required account verification by the user.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Great company, great product. Its really revolutionised how people who travel a lot in Africa and Asia manage money and expenses. I used to be tied to awful UK dollar rates and have to carry huge amounts of dollars, trying to get $100 notes in the UK is problematic yet anything smaller attracts lower rates. Also had to carry cards in RFID cases to protect against scanning. Revolut saw these problems and solved them, now I just move money onto Revolut as and when I need it using the App , £50 or £100 at a time and get real spot rates from ATMs and Card Readers with instant notification. Its the only card I ever carry outside the UK
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,547
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Its the only card I ever carry outside the UK
    Don't make that mistake, have a backup or two in case of problems, sorting then out with Revolut (or any card) can take time/cost. Starling, Monzo, etc
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,830
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I got a Revolut card for a holiday in Cyprus and we used it for purchases of fuel, meals, drinks, food, presents and duty free at the airport before flying home. So easy to add to it when we wanted to empty the duty free shop.

Used the small balance left on it when I had finished down at the local lidl. Have 3p left on it!

If only I could still get a curlywurly for 3p!

Would recommend the card to everyone. Never used it to draw any money out.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport