PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Sounds yummy.
    What recipe did you use?
    I have a couple in my file, one is Simon Hopkins (?)

Thats the one

You will never eat another cheese and onion pasty from Greggs after making that
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I made a big macaroni cheese and a beef lasagne. Was not too difficult, I made a big cheese sauce that got used in both. Four portions of lasagne went in freezer along with 3 macaroni cheeses.

We had the pasta with a salad and garlic bread.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Love Simon Hopkins x

DH is picking up Fish and Chips later as I am busy - I am really excited, not had chip shop chips for about a year, fish is gluten free batter option they do :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • suki1964
    JIL wrote: »
    I made a big macaroni cheese and a beef lasagne. Was not too difficult, I made a big cheese sauce that got used in both. Four portions of lasagne went in freezer along with 3 macaroni cheeses.

We had the pasta with a salad and garlic bread.

Mmmm macaroni cheese, I love it but never get to make it as no one else here does. I've actually been craving it of late as well

Tonight it's roast stuffed chicken breast , cabbage ,cauliflower cheese and roasties. I got lucky at the chicken factory the other week and they had the Mark and Spencer's ones for £2 so I picked up a few.

Feeling quite decadent as it will be the 3rd roast dinner this week
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Another C0-0p recipe for us tonight - Mexican chicken stew.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Sorry guys, I got his name wrong - it's Simon Hopkinson.

Suki - it is a fab pie recipe (and on my menu next week, I think).
    I've got a Phil Vickery recipe that also uses Lancashire cheese but has potato in it.

Re macaroni cheese - that's on the menu too but I think I'll use some Cambozola that I've got in the freezer.

Islandmaid - I think he's great too. Very unassuming, like Nigel Slater.

Tonight is a frittata style thingy that OH cooks.
    Using up some peppers and will add onions, mushrooms, cheese and chorizo.
    Possibly peas and potatoes too.
  • Lentil soup for lunch today and pasta with home made Bolognese sauce for supper this evening, usual yoghurt and coffee afterwards. Not much inspiration today, I'm waiting for the estate agent to come and measure us up and take photos to go on the market. My house looks so tidy it feels like it belongs to someone else, I much prefer 'lived in'!
  • On Sunday I made a mincey curry style meal and opened pkt of noodles, used about a third, Monday I used some of the l/o curry with cabbage and turned into thickish soup which made 2 and a bit portions for the next lunches so yesterday I added the remaining noodles, plus a little l/o stuffing and had that yesterday so the premained will be todays lunch. For dinner I am using up the 2nd half of a courgette/potato/onion bake and the last of my Gusto box which will be chicken breast stuffed with mozerella, should be served with bakes courgette,veg etc but as I have from yesterday, thats OK. I have been really bad though, bought a box of Greens Tiramasu so bought tub of YS dble cream. Made that up yesterday, added 3 trifle sponges, camp coffee and Lidl amaretto , had 1/2 yesterday. and will have 1 today and last one tomorrow. Did not need the extra items but wow, tastes great. Very bad.
  • Beans on toast for lunch today. Dinner tonight will be hm southern fried chicken, hm wedges and hm coleslaw.
  • suki1964
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I got his name wrong - it's Simon Hopkinson.

Suki - it is a fab pie recipe (and on my menu next week, I think).
    I've got a Phil Vickery recipe that also uses Lancashire cheese but has potato in it.

Re macaroni cheese - that's on the menu too but I think I'll use some Cambozola that I've got in the freezer.

Islandmaid - I think he's great too. Very unassuming, like Nigel Slater.

Tonight is a frittata style thingy that OH cooks.
    Using up some peppers and will add onions, mushrooms, cheese and chorizo.
    Possibly peas and potatoes too.

Yep it's Hopkinson and that recipe is the dogs dangly bits

And the funny thing is, I got it in my head that it was Leicestershire cheese so that's what I've always used :rotfl:

Did you watch the latest Nigel Slater Series? That man loves his food and he really lets you know how good it is. I was drooling at his Turkish one ( I love Turkish cuisine, best in the world)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback