Running an online raffle or similar…

Options
I have a compensatory gift that I cannot use (2 free flights to the US) and therefore I want to offer them in some kind of online raffle to raise money for me basically (I have been given the go-ahead that I can transfer them to another person), so I was wondering what the best way would be to go about organising this?

Thanks in advance…

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    You need a gambling/Raffle license .

Best speak to your local trading standards for more information into the legal side of things
    Work to live= not live to work
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a compensatory gift that I cannot use (2 free flights to the US) and therefore I want to offer them in some kind of online raffle to raise money for me basically (I have been given the go-ahead that I can transfer them to another person), so I was wondering what the best way would be to go about organising this?

Thanks in advance…

If you are allowed to sell them on ebay why not just do a BIN with offers accepted? Oh, and however you sell them on make sure you have it in writing from the airline that they can be transferred, together with how much it will cost to change the names on the tickets.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    See http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for-the-public/Fundraising-and-promotions/Advertising-and-promoting.aspx

Don't expect much take up, though - there are so many scam raffles around that you may find it a waste of time.

Sell on ebay either as an auction (set the starting price at the minimum you are willing to accept) or as LadyDee suggests, BIN (higher than you are willing to accept, so that you can invite people to make offers, thus maximising the chances of selling).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure