The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Options

Comments

• frozenpenguin
    frozenpenguin Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh good luck Danielley! My best advice is to spend the rest of the day with a hot water bottle and a large bar of chocolate :D xxx
  • frozenpenguin
    frozenpenguin Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    IVF/ICSI/IUI/FET cycles currently ongoing
    • Danielley: LP. DR (Buserelin injections) 4/6. Stims (Merionel) 29/6. EC 9/7
    • Fairy dust: Endo scratch 9/7. Norethisterone 20/7. Meds 31/7 or 1/8 (tbc). EC w/c 11/8 (tbc)
    • pinkteapot: LP. EC w/c 25/8 (tbc)
    Picklekin: IVF in July
    Chocoholic_chic: Appt 27/7 to be given treatment plan and drugs
    frozenpenguin: Endo scratch Aug/Sept, FET Sept/Oct
    Goodvibes: Further treatment Oct/Nov, working on improved SA at present
    Gettingthereslowly: Planning a FET
    Isla_red: Further treatment Jan 2015

Ovulation induction
    Floaty: Started Clomid (50mg) April while on IVF waiting list. Appointment 31/7/14.
    cwtw: Started Clomid March 2014
    Littleme82: Clomid. HSG looks fine, FS appointment 04/03/14, extended for 3 months.
    MrsDavo: Clomid (150mg) and Metformin (1500mg) to try and induce ovulation, Next appt 7/8/14.

Awaiting FS/other appointment or making alternative plans
    becks92: Planning to lose 5kg and then get IVF referral
    Bigmomma: Referred to Gynae, appt 21/3/14
    Carrot34: Waiting to TTC again
    Clevernamehere: On IVF list
    FairyDiamond: IVF Consultation 3/2/14
    Gelly123: Trying naturally
    GlasweJen: Surrogacy preparation.
    lisawood78: Surrogacy consultation 12/5/14
    Lucyloo77: Hysteroscopy. 28/2/14
    mrsvicx: Trying naturally
    Ruth26: Waiting for a scan then referral to FS. Chasing up DH's SA.
    Skaps: Appointment in July
    Skint_Catt: Awaiting referral for pituitary growth
    Smookle: IVF/ICSI referral Jan 2014
    vesper: Appt July 2014.
    Wonder_Woman: Investigating drugs for DH

Recent graduates:

• Jammy26: Started Clomid (50mg) Jan 14. Diagnosed Fibroids. bfp.gif 19/06/14
    • Part Mouse: IUI. Stims (Menopur) 24/4. IUI 31/5 bfp.gif 12/06/14 (and 13/06/14 & 14/06/14! :))
    • emmaj30: Natural bfp.gif 21/05/14
    • loveactually: LP. DR (Buserelin) 14/2. Stims 10/03. EC 26/3, 8 eggs collected, 2 fertilised. 1x5d ET 31/3. bfp.gif 11/04/14
    • Star02: ICSI SP. Stims 5/3. EC 17/3, 17 eggs collected, 14 fertilised. 1x5d ET 22/3. bfp.gif 31/03/14
    • Angeltreats: Natural bfp.gif 28/03/14
    • Tinkwings: Monitored cycle. bfp.gif 23/03/14
    • Chickpea: Natural bfp.gif 21/03/14
    • Sewit: IVF LP. DR 13/1 Prostap. AMH4, Gonal F 375. Endo Scratch 3/1 (CD12). EC 10/02. 17 eggs, 8 embies. ET 13/2. 2x3dET 13/2. bfp.gif 26/02/14
    • Whattodonow: IVF LP. DR 15/12. Stims 4/1. EC 17/1. 19 eggs collected, 16 fertilised. 1x5dET 22/1. 225iu Merional bfp.gif 02/02/14
    • Time2deal: ICSI SP. Stims 3/1. EC 15/1. 9 eggs collected. 5 fertilised. 1x5dET 20/01 AMH 6.6. 450iu Menopur + Centrotide. bfp.gif01/02/14
    • Peonie: IVF SP. Stim 1/1. EC 15/1. 13 eggs collected. 8 fertilized. 1x5dET 20/01. bfp.gif31/01/14
    • teaandcakeordeath: Natural bfp.giffrom 'just relaxing'! 26/01/14
    • Purcy81: Natural bfp.gif 7/12/2013
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    PTP - honestly it's easier once you get going. I found the stress of trying to schedule a cycle and sort out deliveries etc. was horrible (I'm a massive control freak lol). Once you know how things stand and get your bearings it really is ok.

Is there anyone else you'd trust with the delivery maybe? Or, there's always the option of a last-minute sickie to be at home for it (not ideal but sometimes you just have to put yourself first).

This stage is horrible as you don't feel in control of things... breathe! Do you have any sort of relaxation tracks? I really liked the IVF Belief CD (others are available :) )
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you, tea. :) I think you're right - I think once we actually get started I'll feel better. Or at least that's what I tell myself when I'm getting scared about what the drugs will do to me!

Haven't got anyone close enough that we can send the delivery to (as we'd have to take it out the fridge to then take it home), so we need to sort something out ourselves. DH says it'll be fine - unless he has major meetings he can work from home. And you're right - there's always the sickie option if needs must.

I am a TOTAL control freak so understand completely what you're saying! I do hate this part of just not knowing what's going to happen, and just having to wait while other people do their jobs!
  • picklekin
    picklekin Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    Grrr, that must be annoying. I am sort of expecting to phone up and get an appointment right away... Didn't realise there were queues...
  • pinkteapot
    Options
    I expect clinics differ, pickle. Maybe mine's just really busy at the moment. First cycle so I'm not sure what's normal there.

When they get to my file, they'll schedule everything and send me a letter with an appointment for a baseline scan and details of what drugs to take and when. They'll also do the drug order, after which the delivery company will phone me.

Should have asked how far down the pile I was!

At our consultation they mentioned that occasionally (but rarely), if they're too busy that month, they'll put us off for a cycle and I'd have to phone on the next CD1. They said that if that happens, we'd definitely get in next time. Really don't want to be postponed though. :( Just want to get it over with.

Same as you, I think I imagined that I'd phone up on CD1 and it'd all be sorted out over the phone, or on a call-back that day or something. Probably wasn't realistic though!
  • picklekin
    Options
    I dunno, these are private clinics I think (even if you are NHS funded) so you'd expect private service! Although anything in healthcare seems to take an age.. I should be CD1 on Sunday and can then get my blood tests done and will eb go for launch after that. Wish I could have it this month..
  • pinkteapot
    Options
    Eeeep, googled and shouldn't have. There's a thread on FertilityFriends for my clinic. Some people on there not having great experiences. Wish I could unread!
  • picklekin
    Options
    People always moan when things go wrong, and hardly ever say good things when things don't, they are to busy being ecstatically happy :)
  • pinkteapot
    Options
    I know! I always do this. Any minor health scares I've had, I've googled and convinced myself I'm dying and it's all been fine. Also the slightest hint of trouble when I'm dealing with a company and I find all the bad reviews. Stupid stupid!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback