buying to sell

Hi everyone, i am starting a business making things to sell. But along side it i am thinking of buying some items in to expand my range. I understand i will need insurance for the items im making, i know i will also need to check with my mortgage provider, home insurance provider and council and will need to register as self employed, is there anything i am missing? Do i need different insurance to buy items in to sell than the insurance i will have for the items i am making.

Comments

• Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    jkl123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i am starting a business making things to sell. But along side it i am thinking of buying some items in to expand my range. I understand i will need insurance for the items im making, i know i will also need to check with my mortgage provider, home insurance provider and council and will need to register as self employed, is there anything i am missing? Do i need different insurance to buy items in to sell than the insurance i will have for the items i am making.

I've no idea.

I have no idea what insurance you currently have, let alone read the policy document for it.

I suggest you start by reading the policy document and see if it covers you for any new perils this expansion to your business may bring.

If in doubt, speak to your insurance advisor or company; it may be that if you do need extra cover, this could be something the existing insurer could 'add on' to the existing policy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure