the hedgehog's balloons.

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    We like A&C too - also for the ability to swap out items which we won't eat/ we have a HG glut of :) Plus their offers and little gifts are a nice touch. Their meat is also lovely - but not something I buy often at the prices! - usually when there's a good offer :)

Well done on resisting the TU sale! :T x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • :hello: Hi Greent, not tried their meat yet as I only buy meat when its ys, which is getting harder to source. We've been doing alot of meatless days in our household lately and everyone has coped so far. Although there has been some grumblings but I've turned a deaf ear to it.
    So my purse continued to have a good airing today as DD2 needed a new winter coat (told her to stop growing but does she listen? No!) So ended up with a coat, ski socks (these won't be going anywhere near a ski slope but they do keep her feet warm. One of the issues with of not been mobile is constantly cold feet.), snuggly neck warmer, tights and thermal legs. Been and got the truckles (love that word) of cheese (love cheese also) that will be added to Christmas and birthday presents. Then went into the big smoke and visited a sm to get some of the stuff we like at Christmas which we can't get from our local sm's which means i don't have to go into the city over the Christmas period. Managed to get some bee waxes wraps for cheese (:smileyhea) and a wooden bottle brush (from the local wildlife trust) that I've forgotten to buy for the last 2 weeks every time I've been shopping.
    DH is out with his old work friends for his leaving do (been left 3 months, better late than never I suppose). He says although he does miss them, he loves his new job and has no regrets.
    Seen online there has been a rush at Aldiii for Kevin the carrot toys, some people apparently ended up fighting, bonkers. Not sure what the fuss is about.
    Hope you all had a good day.
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 November 2018 at 10:16AM
    Yesterday's TT was 82p and today's is 55p. DD2 meeting at school yesterday went reasonably well,everybody singing from the same hymn sheet. Managed to hold it together whist we aired our 'dirty laundry' to complete strangers. DD2 did come into the meeting briefly but refused to talk (very shy as she didn't know some people) but her community support worker had given us a booklet too work through. Csw I think left the meeting feeling really good about herself as everyone was asking her if they could get a copy of the booklet to use with other children. So at least the meeting will benefit others if nothing else. Always got to look for the silver lining. DH and I felt emotional drained and tired afterwards as its took alot of hard work to get this meeting to happen. So hopefully we should hear by the end of Jan (nothing happens quick with the council, after all they will have to have several meetings- where people on alot of money per hour-will sit around and make a simple decision. Its not rocket science, child with medical condition- school day too long (8am bus, back home 5pm)- child struggling to cope due to medical condition- solution- move child to nearest school where day would be 9am -3:15pm tops.) Sorry for big rant. On a lighter note we took DD2 for cake afterwards so my purse got an extra airing yesterday and it was goooooood.
    Today DH is going to give the bank account an air as he is taking his parents out to the local garden center to get them to choose something for their birthdays. DD1 id off into town with her friend to Christmas shop. DD2 PA is coming today to help DD2 make some birthday presents and I will jet off to a sunny beach and sip cocktails all day and return tonight to a clean house and a meal fit for a queen:rotfl:
    Hope you all have a good day and there are spare loungers on my beach if you want one.
    CRx
    P.S wooden bottle brush too big for my water bottles. TYPICAL:D
  • DH managed to get his parents birthday and Christmas presents at the garden center and took them for cake, cost was £40.67. He's used some of his birthday money to buy telescopic tree loppers, a flaming dog wood and some plants, this birthday money seems to be a bottomless pit. Told him I want it recorded next year what he uses it for.They didn't have the plant I wanted which is a Christmas cactus, my auntie had one in her bay window when I was little and I said when I was an adult I would have one. Well I feel I finally old enough, so the hunt begins. 'All I want for Christmas is a Christmas cactus' .He bought me some rubber gardening gloves for my litter picking, however I've tried this and you just end up with very sweaty hands, apparently they were for christmas but he decided to give them to me today. Nice thought but his presents do tend to be on the practical side rather than... well luxury side. When we first started living together he told me he'd bought me something to wear, small in size, was metal and golden, well whats a girl supposed to think other than very very excited. Imagine my face trying to maintain a smile when it turns out to be a......... emergency whistle,his reasoning incase I got lost when we went walking:rotfl:. I nearly wet myself after my initial shock. Since then I give him a list of what I would like although he doesn't always keep to it and I end up with random presents.
    Hope you've all had a good day off to watch the rugby.
    CRx
  • Your story about the small, golden present made me laugh CR. I once got excited about a beautiful black and white Chanel bag sitting under the tree. It was glossy and elegant and tied with a silk, grosgrain bow. I was so excited about it and when the day came I discovered that, rather than a fabulous bottle of perfurme, it contained an ice scraper for the car :mad: Mr F hadn't been able to track down the Christmas wrapping paper so just used what he could find :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • :hello: Fortune loved your story, thats the type of thing my DH would do and his response to the any complaints would of been at least its a recycled bag. Been looking at the price of really christamas trees and bloomin eck they are well out of our price range. Around here for a 6 footer £60:eek:. Its come as a bit of a shock as DH always got cheap ones through work, so not sure what to do. The kids and I will definately not be having one each in our rooms thats for sure. DD1 suggested a little potted grown one on a decorated pair of step ladders. Purse contiues to be open more than closed as still needed some extra winter clothes for DD2, more ski socks bought as they seem to be keeping her feet warm(plus tight layer) and a jumper, other stuff needs taken back as not to her liking. Gone are the days were I could buy pink,sparkles and unicorns and they would be a hit. Never mind. Big supermarket shop (3) as bought wine, beer, and prosseco for christmas, hopefully it will make it to new year and beyond:A. Who am I kidding we'll be lucky if it sees the other side of Christams:rotfl: Daren't type how much i spent, I'm quite happy:cool: not knowing today although I did do a TT of 60p so will admit to that.
    Realised that I had given the mortgage adviser the wrong info and gave him how much DLA DD2 gets rather than the CTC so emailed him and asked him to check if the mortgage deal is still doable.
    Think I'm coming down with something as my throat is sore and I feel asleep this afternoon, but at least I wsn't holding on to anything.
    DD1 has cooked again so tonight its stuffed jackets and salad. Look like they've been massacred.
    Night everyone.
    CRx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    CR, your studies sound really interesting - what's the title of the course, if I may ask? Particularly interested in the water module, it fascinates me :)

Christmas trees - absolutely! I haven't often had the need to buy one, and one time I just didn't have the space for one, either. So me and my partner, using card, tissue paper and wrapping paper, cut out a wall-mounted collage, that was about four feet tall, and I blu takked a few of my smaller Christmas ornaments onto it :) I was living in a very small one-bedroom flat, and with two of us in there for days on end, there just wasn't the space to do anything else, as well as the money. It worked really well, I still love the pictures we took.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • :hello:Karmacat glad your back home safe and well. Loved your Christmas tree stories. I'm studying for a degree in environmetal studies part-time, only 3 years (including this 1)to go. This years module is environmetal science, just been lookiung at water and now looking at air. Alot of maths involved which is taking up alot of time and I'm struggling to balance things. Its becoming all consuming to be honest, and all the sitting is making my hip/knee ache. So from tomorrow I'm going to include some yoga and hoping some gentle stretches will help.
    Took the bits of clothing DD2 didn't like back and got a refund. This is progress for her as she used to say she liked something, the label would be ripped off and then it would sit in her cupboard for weeks on end and then I'd discover she actually didn't like it:mad:. Its took about 3 years to get it through to her if she doesn't like something to say and I can then take it back. I must of given so many new clothes to charity shops over the years its depressing to think of the money wasted. So now she will have to come with me which is a whole different issue but we'll muddle through, this will be my face on the outside:D:and this will be me on the inside:eek:.
    Was supposed to meeting a friend for drinks (tea), but she's cancelled as she's ill, was really pleased she cancelled as feeling under the weather myself.
    TT was £4, bigger than normal but couldn't so my Sunday TT as the numbers were rounded already. Refund for cancelled trains is winding its way to my account. Still waiting for news on mortgage (after I sent new info) and PPI claim.
    Hope you've all had a good day and managed to stay dry.
    CRx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for that, CR - good for you for taking such an important degree.

And I really hope that you've coddled your symptoms, and they've stopped developing. Take care.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • :hello: Karmacat seemed to have stalled whatever was coming, just feel exhausted this pm. Did manage to fit in a 10 minute yoga session this am.
    T/C from school, DD2 ill, so had to go and pick her up, she's currently watching The Goonies (again). Been shopping again this am but this time stuff for the kitchen, managed to get a new wipeable tablecloth (essential in this house). Thinking of cutting up the old one (wipeable) and using the intact bits to wrap sandwiches in instead of cloths which will cut down on the amount going into the washing machine. Got DD1 peeler as a joke present for christmas as she is always complaining she can't use the ones we've got.
    Long discussion last night about Christmas and where to go and who we will upset (maybe), no decision made as of yet. However after a long chat to mum this pm, we will have her over for a sleepover christmas eve and christmas morning. So it'll be a movie night on Christmas Eve, DD2 really wants to watch Home Alone, lots of popcorn and other munchables, with lashing of prosseco. On the morning it'll be present opening, pancakes for the girls and roasted toms on muffins for the adults (nom nom nom) and then........ who knows at the moment.
    We are not going to manage our weekend away before christmas as we are rapidly filling up weekends with other stuff, so will have to postpone till after Christmas.
    Spoke to the mortgage advisor last night and mortgage deal is still available so DD1 is going to help me send info (too technical for me) tonight. TT of 85p.
    CRx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure