Quick questions on Consumer Rights

Comments

• hi, i have a rapid5 tablet purchased from A1CS on amazon in feb this year which came with a charger that now is not working, i have contacted the company who told me the charger is not included in the warranty, is this correct can anyone tell me please? thanks
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It's usual for accessories not to be included in a warranty. A warranty isn't something a company HAS to provide with goods; it's an 'extra' for the consumer, over and above what the company is expected to do under SOGA.

You need to read the warranty.

However please answer these questions -

Was the item purchased more than or less than 6 months ago?
    What it from a marketplace seller or Amazon themselves? Appears to be a marketplace seller fromwhat you have posted.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    earwig2353 wrote: »
    hi, i have a rapid5 tablet purchased from A1CS on amazon in feb this year which came with a charger that now is not working, i have contacted the company who told me the charger is not included in the warranty, is this correct can anyone tell me please? thanks
    That could well be true.
    You will need to read your warranty documentation to find out.
    As a warranty is in addition to your statutory rights, there is no obligation for any seller to offer any warranty, so what is and what is not included in a warranty is up to the seller/manufacturer.

You do however have statutory rights against/with the seller.

Have a read of MSE's Consumer Rights guide for details.

I note that it is around six months from purchase.
    If it is still under six months from purchase, you will find it easier to get a remedy from the seller. This is all explained in that linked to article.
  • my sons mobile insurance excess with Virgin has as of the 13th of august been doubled, i only found out now when i had to make a claim, i have had no letters of this increase by virgin, when i phoned them to complain, they say " we sent out letters this week on the 26th aug....as i havent been informed, do i have to pay the double excess??? feel like there taking the p***
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Steviedee wrote: »
    my sons mobile insurance excess with Virgin has as of the 13th of august been doubled, i only found out now when i had to make a claim, i have had no letters of this increase by virgin, when i phoned them to complain, they say " we sent out letters this week on the 26th aug....as i havent been informed, do i have to pay the double excess??? feel like there taking the p***
    Suggest you post this query on either the mobiles thread or the insurance thread.

Can't help feeling, personally, that it's more than a bit cheeky of them to tell you, on the point of claiming, that the excess was doubled and you hadn't been informed.

Make a note of the date and time of the phone call and to whom you spoke and what was said in the event of you complaining formally to the company. You may need to escalate to the ombudsman so retain all your evidence until you have achieved a satisfactory outcome.

What I would do is write and point out that you were not aware the excess had been increased; had you been you may well have found alternative insurance and under the circumstances you believe you should be paid out in full for your claim less the excess as it was (ie less £x instead of less 2 x £x).
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Hi All,

I received some goods yesterday that are wrong.

The website and the delivery note state that the model number is 5235B and they have sent 5235A. The functionality of the two models is basically the same, however, the model that I ordered has a particular function that I want, without it they are of no use to me.

I sent the company an email last night and they have replied saying that their supplier has sent them the wrong ones and if I return the incorrect ones they will send out the correct replacements.

I have emailed them again tonight asking them to either send the replacements and pick up the incorrect ones at the same time, or, arrange to have the incorrect ones collected and send out the replacements when they have received them.

Am I right to insist that I shouldn't have to pay to return them as it's clearly their mistake ?

TIA

- Neil
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    astrohead wrote: »
    Am I right to insist that I shouldn't have to pay to return them as it's clearly their mistake ?

Yes, you are.
  • I have recently purchased a product from an online store through Amazon. I received the item faulty & therefore in return requested a collection & full refund as had lost total faith in the product. I was surprisingly told I would have to return this item at my own cost as it would be classed as an 'unwanted' product, ignoring the fact it was FAULTY! Not only at my own cost it was said I would also incur a 'Handling fee' once received back with them!!! What a joke.

Could anyone please advise me of my rights in not having to pay for any of this & force a request for collection by the company with a full refund to my bank account.

Thank you in advance!
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Did you contact the company directly or Amazon? If you speak to Amazon they are pretty good at dealing with these things.
  • Direct! I will contact Amazon now.
    Thank you, I'll let you know how I get on ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback