IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court letter assistance

Options

Comments

• Logblahar
    Logblahar Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Remove #6 entire, it's just waffle. DJ Wright doesn't need that!

And put the acronyms of the companies in capitals here:
    I was wondering if #6 needed removing. Thanks
    The rest is from my original defence.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Logblahar wrote: »
    Should I put anything in about the denouncement by mp after mp of these companies in the House of Commons?

Absolutely.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Absolutely.

The HoC debate, whilst of interest to us all, doesn't actually provide an arguable point of defence.

Unless and until legislation is passed, and it can be shown that the PPC were operating in breach of that, the Judge can only apply the law as it currently stands, not as we or a group of MPs would wish it to be.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2018 at 10:53AM
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    The HoC debate, whilst of interest to us all, doesn't actually provide an arguable point of defence.

Unless and until legislation is passed, and it can be shown that the PPC were operating in breach of that, the Judge can only apply the law as it currently stands, not as we or a group of MPs would wish it to be.

Perhaps, but judges are human, and have opinions. If one can convince a judge that, invariably the claim is a con, you are half way there.

A judge cannot divorce himself from the will of the people, cf the DPP's rapid decision not to prosecute in the OAP/Burglar killing.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Logblahar
    edited 7 April 2018 at 10:56AM
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »

Fair enough I will leave that out and I guess I will put my amended defence in as it currently stands in post 72.
  • Logblahar
    Options
    Perhaps, but judges are human, and have opinions. If one can convince a judge that, invariably the claim is a con, you are half way there.

A judge cannot divorce himself from the will of the people, cf the DPP's rapid decision not to prosecute in the OAP/Burglar killing.

Therefore it would not be of any detriment to add this?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Logblahar wrote: »
    Therefore it would not be of any detriment to add this?
    Depends on the judge.

Some judges might view it as irrelevant rubbish and be annoyed to even have to read it, whilst others might like it.

No way of knowing which DJ you will meet.

Your decision.
  • Logblahar
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Depends on the judge.

Some judges might view it as irrelevant rubbish and be annoyed to even have to read it, whilst others might like it.

No way of knowing which DJ you will meet.

Your decision.
    Fair enough.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

The DPP's decision in that case was based on a proper application of the law.

The OAP used 'reasonable force' to defend himself, faced with a potentially violent criminal who was threatening to stab him with a screwdriver. It is unfortunate that the man died, but that was a consequence of the recklessness of his actions.

Any prosecution on a charge of murder or manslaughter would inevitably have resulted in the jury returning a Not Guilty verdict, and a huge waste of public funds bringing it to trial.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Logblahar
    Options
    Can you email your defence to skipton court?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure