Vodafone broadband - good, bad?

Comments

• Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 February 2018 at 8:20PM
    SeeMe wrote: »
    I see its £22.50 for new customers, £20.00 for existing customers, still sounds a good deal but still not sure if i will take the leap.

I just took up the 76mb £24 pm package (new customer) moving from Sky.

I got the cheaper price through MoneySupermarket.

So i hope everything goes smoothly - we shall see
  • On the subject of Vodafone fibre broadband, can anyone advise me when the 18 month contract actually starts? I'm with TT at present and my contract ends on 14th March. As the £20 offer seems to be ending on 28th Feb, I'd like to sign-up now but delay the 'go live' date until, say, 15th March to avoid any early termination charges from TT. Obviously this will only work if the contract formally starts on the go live date. It seems obvious to me that it should but when I spoke to someone at Vodafone, they seemed a bit vague on this.

Thanks
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 234 Forumite
    BucksLad wrote: »
    On the subject of Vodafone fibre broadband, can anyone advise me when the 18 month contract actually starts? I'm with TT at present and my contract ends on 14th March. As the £20 offer seems to be ending on 28th Feb, I'd like to sign-up now but delay the 'go live' date until, say, 15th March to avoid any early termination charges from TT. Obviously this will only work if the contract formally starts on the go live date. It seems obvious to me that it should but when I spoke to someone at Vodafone, they seemed a bit vague on this.

Thanks

When i joined up on the website i was given various dates for when i would start receiving my broadband - i chose the nearest date 9th March.
    So you should have a choice of dates to choose from when you go through the signup online.
    I may be wrong but i am assuming 9th March is the 'go live' date ? - but anyone feel free to correct me on that !
  • I managed to speak to another (very helpful) person at Vodafone and was told that the activation (aka 'Go Live') date is the important one. This should be after the end of the contract with the original supplier in order to avoid early termination charges. So it seems to work as I originally thought.
  • Vodafone website won't let me register so I called after half an hour of Ed Sheeran I was told I failed their credit check. A quick Google reveals loads of people with great credit ratings have also failed Vodafone's check.
  • Vodafone website won't let me register so I called after half an hour of Ed Sheeran I was told I failed their credit check. A quick Google reveals loads of people with great credit ratings have also failed Vodafone's check.

I'm having the same issue, I think. I fill in the details for the direct debit and then when I'm meant to put in my card details it says payment has failed, before I've even entered the information. Was that happening for you?
    Then when I tried to start the process all over again it then came up with a message of 'We weren't able to verify your details', when all I've entered in the information for creating an account. Really annoyed!
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    Vodafone website won't let me register so I called after half an hour of Ed Sheeran I was told I failed their credit check. A quick Google reveals loads of people with great credit ratings have also failed Vodafone's check.

TBF it’s better than the alternative of failing credit checks because Vodafone cancels your direct debit when you leave, gives you a secret closing bill for £3.16 only they know about, and then reports you to Experian.

Anyway, the only people I know who have this finds it works fine during the day, and goes off every night. Vodafone don’t appear to be able to do anything about this.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2018 at 12:24AM
    Been with them 10 days so far on fibre 38........numerous speed tests day night and weekends always a steady 36-37 down and 9 up.
    After reading various so called horror stories on here all i can say is so far so good no complaints:)
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Having used the compare broadband deals on this page.

Vodafone are offering £21 for 38Mb.

Issue: I have no BT line (Virgin Media customer).

If I as sign to sign up, would Vodafone arrange to install a new line and as the lines are owed by BT (am I right?) . Would I be entering a contract with BT also? I hope this makes sense.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    No you do not enter a contract with BT only your chosen ISP .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure