Shell energy broadband - any feedback from recent joiners ?

Comments

• MSE_Chris
    MSE_Chris Posts: 200 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi,

I've just spotted this thread but for anyone concerned about the £75 offer - if you went through our link at the time, you will have been presented with this page highlighting the £75 bill credit before entering in your postcode for a quote. It looked like this but appreciate it's not all that obvious:

?name=inline787247095.png

I hope this helps reassure those concerned.

MSE Chris
  • Thanks Chris, for the above confirmation, I joined Shell recently through your offer and I thought the standard charge per month was quoted as £16.99 before any discount was applied,this has not been reflected in my first statement covering 32 days ,which is £22.00. Can you confirm that is what was stated or not please.
  • MSE_Chris
    Philli2 wrote: »
    Thanks Chris, for the above confirmation, I joined Shell recently through your offer and I thought the standard charge per month was quoted as £16.99 before any discount was applied,this has not been reflected in my first statement covering 32 days ,which is £22.00. Can you confirm that is what was stated or not please.

Hi Philli2,

No problem at all. The £16.99/mth base price was for its standard ADSL package (around 11mb).

On the other hand, it's fibre package has a base price of £22.99 - perhaps this is what you signed up to at the time? Difficult for us to say but for anything pricing related, it might be worth contacting Shell and asking that it explains its reasoning for the price difference.
  • Hi Chris,all sorted. Shell have admitted a fault with their billing and refunded the difference to reflect the £16.99 offer as well as confirming the £ 75.00 credit due the end of October, thanks again Chris.
  • MSE_Chris
    Philli2 wrote: »
    Hi Chris,all sorted. Shell have admitted a fault with their billing and refunded the difference to reflect the £16.99 offer as well as confirming the £ 75.00 credit due the end of October, thanks again Chris.

I'm sorry to hear there was an issue with the pricing but pleased it's been able to resolve this for you and quickly.

Have a good weekend!
  • WARNING

I've just highlighted that the Shell Broadband and phone deal does not allow you to use them as an ISP, so you cannot send emails from your computer unless it is from a cloud account e.g. gMail, Yahoo.

Anyone using the older email systems of filing everything on your PC cannot send any emails via SMTP.

See forums "Shell and Broadband"

:mad:
  • MSE_Chris
    edited 17 September 2019 at 5:23PM
    rpip wrote: »
    I have just joined and think that at least the 1st of following should have been mentioned.
    1. Page 7 of Shell Pricing pdf states that a Cease Charge of £15 will be incurred including after 12 months contract period!!
    2. Shell charge £35 if you dont return the Router if they request this.

Shell are very slow to respond to emails and poor comprehension. Their chat facility is always ' we are currently....long wait'

Hi rpip,

We've asked Shell Energy about this £15 cease charge and it's agreed to waive it for all switches made through MSE that came with this £75 bill credit offer. This means you won't be charged £15 should you wish to switch after the min 12 months has elapsed.

All other earlier termination charges will still stand as per it's T&C's.

I hope this helps reassure you and other users who questioned this charge.

MSE Chris
  • Just joined for fiber, not used it yet as on holiday. Just had first bill. Turns out quote is ex vat. Vat added at end. Thought that was illegal. Going to cancel tomorrow.
  • MSE_Chris
    Deke650 wrote: »
    Just joined for fiber, not used it yet as on holiday. Just had first bill. Turns out quote is ex vat. Vat added at end. Thought that was illegal. Going to cancel tomorrow.

Hi Deke650,

All quotes on our site are Inc VAT. Are you able to provide more info on the bill you've had? If you want to share a copy, please email instead at furtherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com

Thanks,
    MSE Chris
  • See_Em
    See_Em Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 September 2019 at 6:00PM
    A few points from my experience and related to other comments on this thread.
    I signed up for the ADSL ie GBP 16.99pm (+ GBP75 credit to be 31Oct)
    1. During the sign up process there are links to docs. One link is to the promotion and explains how and when the GBP75 will be paid.
    2. I was planning to cancel before cooling off but got a message saying the router was in the post so I hung in there.
    3. everything fine with change over - all works
    4. got my first bill yesterday and was not happy. Its more than I expected and VAT is listed separately. I checked my quote and the general T&C doc which both state clearly that GBP16.99 includes VAT and para 5.6 in the T&C says all charges are inclusive of VAT. Yet the doc that explains bills says monthly charges are exclusive of VAT. I sent an email and have not heard back yet.
    5. Still thinking about it and wondering if the SHELL "why is my first bill more" FAQ might explain it all - basically the first bill for me is a few days more than a month (10 Sept - 15 Oct) and just so happens to have a monthly charge of approx GBP16.90 + vat = GBP20.28
    6 The SHELL chat bot is very energy centric with nothing for broadband.
    7. fingers crossed this all works out after a few months - if not I've switched to something more than the previous provider.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback