Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    I want to switch to the Fix Online Exclusive v16 but my Eon account does not list it. Is this another one of those tariffs available only to new customers, Malc?

P.S. How is Helena? Sorry I have not asked in a while.

Hiya Smodlet :hello:

I'm here, I've just been working on one of our other work streams:o

Hope all ok with you?

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 November 2019 at 4:27PM
    Options
    I've noticed something I find interesting today on the CEC's tariff information for Eon's Fix Online Exclusive v16: It no longer states smart meters are compulsory; instead it says, "E.on will contact you about having smart meters (one for gas, one for elec) installed. However, it has told us you can refuse them and remain on this tariff. Smart meters are free and send automatic meter readings, so you should get exact bills and pay only for what you use."

Perhaps the CEC has finally caught up with the facts as they stand at the moment. Now, if they could just catch up with the fact I switched nearly 4 months ago and pay me flippin' cash back...

You're right Smodlet. This is the type of message we're putting out on tariff descriptions for products like Fix Online Exclusive v16 and Fix Online v32. This corrected a previous message about smart meters that had appeared on version 15 of Fix Online Exclusive.
    Thanks, Malc, I'd forgotten about that. That's one thing nPower did not have; still miss the graphs and the instant usage updates, though. I really think Eon's website could be radically improved.

Have I mentioned E.ON See to you? Apologies if I have.

E.ON See is an online tool that shows the energy you're using and how much you're spending. This includes graphs and charts. It splits usage between electricity and gas, breaks down bills and gives energy saving tips. If you log into your online account, it's under 'your energy use' on the landing page. It's not instant and so may not be what you're looking for.

Sorry again if you already know about this.

I want to switch to the Fix Online Exclusive v16 but my Eon account does not list it. Is this another one of those tariffs available only to new customers, Malc?

P.S. How is Helena? Sorry I have not asked in a while.

Yes, that's right. Fix Online Exclusive v16 is only available to new customers through broker channels.

Helena has just popped a reply on to you. Please see above.

Hope this explains Smodlet. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 November 2019 at 5:14PM
    Options
    Thank you so much, Malc and Helena, I am honoured you left your work to reply to me; I am sorry to have interrupted your day. I am sure you are busy helping customers in other ways.

I have not heard of Eon See; I will have to investigate this. Bit of a shame about the tariff but I still have a good one.

Many thanks to you both for your time. :A
  • Lord_Baltimore
    Options
    Hello Malc and Helena, still keeping up the good work I see!:beer:

Just had a ‘renewal’ through and whilst the unit prices are competitive, the standing charges for gas and electricity have more than doubled.:o

It seems that frugality in power use can result in penalisation through standing charges over which a customer has no control.

Can I get a better deal without switching to a competitor please?
    Mornië utulië
  • Greenenergy
    Options
    Personally I think CEC should be delisting eon until the business decision to mislead customers is changed .
    Options
    Thank you so much, Malc and Helena, I am honoured you left your work to reply to me; I am sorry to have interrupted your day. I am sure you are busy helping customers in other ways.

I have not heard of Eon See; I will have to investigate this. Bit of a shame about the tariff but I still have a good one.

Many thanks to you both for your time. :A

Morning Smodlet :)

Very kind words and no problem at all, always happy to help.

I can see Malc gave you a bit of info around E.ON See yesterday, post 1523 :D

To get the most from the toolkit.

We recommend entering meter readings in the first week of every month and requesting a bill. Once you've done that, E.ON See will take around 2 weeks to pull the information from your bills to your graphs.

There‘s also a survey for you to fill out online to make the similar homes comparisons and energy breakdown as accurate as possible. You can find this when you go to E.ON See and the My Home page.

Hope this helps Smodlet and have a lovely weekend. :)

Helena
    Options

Just had a ‘renewal’ through and whilst the unit prices are competitive, the standing charges for gas and electricity have more than doubled.:o

It seems that frugality in power use can result in penalisation through standing charges over which a customer has no control.

Morning Lord Baltimore nice to 'see' you :beer:

Thank you ever so much :o

Oh that's a shame to read about the tariff :( we can't offer anything other than what we already have.

Have you checked the comparison sites as well as your online account?

New tariffs are popping up pretty regularly and as there's no fee to pay when changing from one E.ON tariff to another, so do keep your eye out.

Sorry I can't offer you anything better :o

Have a lovely weekend.

Helena
  • Smodlet
    Options

If I may interject, my Lord (:D) it may be in your lordship's interest to try comparison sites, as my Lady Helena has suggested. One is not "penalised" unless one fails to switch tariffs when one's own has expired in which case, one is consigned to the worst there is (the standard variable tariff or SVT)

Apparently, the Citizens' Advice site is a good whole of market one to use. There are many others including the CEC on here, as I am sure your lordship is aware. If you keep on huntin' and fishin', m'lud, I am sure you will soon shoot a fine, juicy tariff until the next season... LOL.
  • Lord_Baltimore
    Lord_Baltimore Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    edited 15 November 2019 at 7:50PM
    Options
    If I may interject, my Lord (:D) it may be in your lordship's interest to try comparison sites, as my Lady Helena has suggested. One is not "penalised" unless one fails to switch tariffs when one's own has expired in which case, one is consigned to the worst there is (the standard variable tariff or SVT)

Apparently, the Citizens' Advice site is a good whole of market one to use. There are many others including the CEC on here, as I am sure your lordship is aware. If you keep on huntin' and fishin', m'lud, I am sure you will soon shoot a fine, juicy tariff until the next season... LOL.
    Thank you my man. I will indeed be asking a serf to check the comparison sites. I like to bag the best deal but always like to give favour to those who have served me well in the past. Call me old-fashioned. However, money is important to us toffs and I had hoped e.on had built in alternatives to retain Regal customship.

It would seem that my serfs will have to scrabble around a bit:p Ho hum. Tiresome but unavoidable it seems :D
    Mornië utulië
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Thank you my man. I will indeed be asking a serf to check the comparison sites. I like to bag the best deal but always like to give favour to those who have served me well in the past. Call me old-fashioned. However, money is important to us toffs and I had hoped e.on had built in alternatives to retain Regal customship.

It would seem that my serfs will have to scrabble around a bit:p Ho hum. Tiresome but unavoidable it seems :D

"My man"..? My good woman, if your lordship would be so kind.

Yes, serfing the net is a good idea. I'm claiming this round. :cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure