TalkTalk £10 referral

I was referred about 6 weeks ago and went "live" around 4 weeks ago to TalkTalk, anyone have a clue as to when they send the £10 out as I've yet to recieve anything.
Thanks,
John.

Comments

• EileenH
    EileenH Posts: 225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    In the Refer a Friend Terms and Conditions it states that "the reward will be given to people that have been referred once they are active on TalkTalk and have paid their first bill". From experience I know that it can take quite some time for them to process the rewards so to speed things up, if you have already received your 1st bill, email customer services and ask them when they will credit your account. Also ask the person who referred you if they have received their cheque yet. You may have to email them several times but they will eventually credit your account with the £10.
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Eileen,
    Paid my first bill last week so maybe give them a couple of weeks grace yet before I get emailing.
  • Eileen the August and September promotion was payable by cheque. I received my own and two other referrer cheques fairly quickly but none since then.

I emailed them last week and they are "looking into it".
  • EileenH
    EileenH Posts: 225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Eileen the August and September promotion was payable by cheque. I received my own and two other referrer cheques fairly quickly but none since then.

I emailed them last week and they are "looking into it".

I seem to remember that the September promotion gave a £10 cheque to the referrer and a £10 credit to the new account holder (I may be wrong). As John has been referred by someone else I presumed he would receive his reward by way of a credit to his account. I referred someone early on in the year when only the referrer received a reward and I received my cheque even before the person I referred had received their 1st bill. I referred someone again in June and both of us should have received cheques but after chasing I eventually received a £10 cheque in August and the person I referred received a credit to their account. I'm waiting for 3 x £25 cheques for this month's promotion and will be surprised if I receive them before Christmas.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I think it depends on what voucher code the person signing up uses and/or how the referrer got the code from TalkTalk

Some give £10 credit, others a £10 cheque etc..

Regards
    Sunil
  • Jazzy_B
    Jazzy_B Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    I joined in August and have paid 2 bills. I phoned them last week and they said if I hadn't heard anything by the third bill to contact them again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure