PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is this an HMO?

124»

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bobwilson wrote: »
    Your assumption of any feelings I may or may not have, is your choice. - not feelings. facts. You changed your story to throw people off. I asked a question on this forum in order to receive a factual answer or discussion about the topic as opposed to discussing your feelings about the question.

Why does the question bother you so much? If you can't answer or don't have any knowledge on the topic, why not just go to another thread to give answers to something you do know about.

Oh no, I do know the answer. It's really straight forward and has been explained to you by several other posters. It seems people resent your requirement for it to be a gov website, and anything else is clearly just nonsense. Like I say, if you don't like it, go and pay someone to tell you what you do like.
  • Comms69
    If you don't know about the new rules then it's unlikely you're able to answer the original question
    You seem to believe that when the new law comes in the gov website wont be updated....
  • bobwilson
    bobwilson Posts: 595 Forumite
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Oh no, I do know the answer.

If that was true, you'd be typing it.
    It's really straight forward and has been explained to you by several other posters.

If that was true, I wouldn't still be waiting for an answer & you'd be quoting them.
    It seems people resent your requirement for it to be a gov website, and anything else is clearly just nonsense.

If you think you can rely on unsolicited third party websites when it comes to controversial laws that affect whether you have a criminal record or not, then you're a fool- you at least need to have it from the source.
    Like I say, if you don't like it, go and pay someone to tell you what you do like.

Thanks for that. :cool:
  • bobwilson
    You seem to believe that when the new law comes in the gov website wont be updated....

That doesn't answer the op and no I don't but thanks for that constructive comment
  • bobwilson
    The replies here have been quite unconstructive so far. Lets try to keep the thread on topic please- any constructive answers or discussion about the op welcomed.
  • Comms69
    That doesn't answer the op and no I don't but thanks for that constructive comment
    Well put your mind at rest, it's been so busy today; the website will be updated.
  • Comms69
    If that was true, you'd be typing it.
    - nah, that would be too helpful to someone who has been consistently rude.

If that was true, I wouldn't still be waiting for an answer & you'd be quoting them.
    Literally : http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/616/made

If you think you can rely on unsolicited third party websites when it comes to controversial laws that affect whether you have a criminal record or not, then you're a fool- you at least need to have it from the source.
    - Actually I read statute, but it may be a bit over your head, which is why you were provided with 3 links to summarise the position.

Thanks for that. :cool:

Now you have the link, you'll no doubt work it out
  • bobwilson wrote: »
    The replies here have been quite unconstructive so far. Lets try to keep the thread on topic please- any constructive answers or discussion about the op welcomed.

Here's a quick tip.

If you want strangers to do your research for you for free so that you can make more money, you might do better by being more polite about it.
  • need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 August 2018 at 6:13PM
    If you don't know about the new rules then it's unlikely you're able to answer the original question

I've stuck with the thread though you being quite patronising, at times arrogant and on occasion rude to those who have tried to interject with you

Believe what you will and assume whatever you like about the answer to the question,but you'll get no more from me going forward.

You're fast alienating some knowledgeable posters with your remarks.
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • red40
    red40 Posts: 264 Forumite
    I'll re-word the question; under the gov rules, does an independent annexe form part of a large HMO?

No, a self contained annexe flat with no connection to the main HMO apart from a solid brick wall will not fall within the definition of sec254 of the Housing Act 2004 and therefore doesnt fall into the licensable HMO definition.

It could fall into sec254(3) if the annexe was occupied by 5 or more persons in 2 or more households come the 1st October 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure