manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

Options

Comments

• anthonyt
    anthonyt Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Got my phonecall today and now have a start date. Had my retest last Thursday 3/5/12 so took a little longer than they advised to hear back from that
  • ZepMisty2012
    Options
    As stated before had my manual assessment on 20/4/12, and decided to give them a call today (20 days later) to see if they had any news, as am going away on Monday and so would be away when the 28 day period would expire. The girl I spoke to was lovely, but regretted to inform me that all positions have been filled in regards to potential interviews and placements, so basically if you haven't heard by now its a NO :s

I don't understand how to be honest, my online test was one of the best they had according to the chap I spoke too, and my manual assessments went well to my knowledge :s evidently previous experiences and degrees count for nothing anymore, 1 word..... Gutted :(
  • jazzylaz
    jazzylaz Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    As stated before had my manual assessment on 20/4/12, and decided to give them a call today (20 days later) to see if they had any news, as am going away on Monday and so would be away when the 28 day period would expire. The girl I spoke to was lovely, but regretted to inform me that all positions have been filled in regards to potential interviews and placements, so basically if you haven't heard by now its a NO :s

I don't understand how to be honest, my online test was one of the best they had according to the chap I spoke too, and my manual assessments went well to my knowledge :s evidently previous experiences and degrees count for nothing anymore, 1 word..... Gutted :(

Ah mate that's awful news. My husband hasn't heard anything either so I guess he'll be in the same boat as you. It's just so horrible that they don't even bother contacting you to tell you that. I guess I'd better give my bloke a call and tell him, gutted too!:(
  • jon2012
    jon2012 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 21 May 2012 at 11:44AM
    Options
    Some of the vacancies were recruited through Omega recruitment.
  • stefdev
    stefdev Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    hi
    my boyfriend passed assessment & interview and had to go and resit the online assesments today. does anyone know how long this bit will take to find out if he has the job and when the next start date is
  • springchicken
    springchicken Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My hubby done resit online assessment last Friday the 4th and hasnt heard back yet
    Anyone else took the resit on/after last Friday and heard back?
    Moneysaving? - I cant stop spending because of this site!
  • donone46
    donone46 Posts: 56 Forumite
    edited 21 May 2012 at 8:56PM
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I had my interview on 8th May, then got a call back 10th to re-do my online tests in a controlled environment, felt they went much better than Id previously done if i'm honest. I was told by the guy at PFL building doing the re-tests that I'd hear in a week... still not heard.

Called the newcastle manpower place and they gave me a number to call manpower jaguar directly... so I'll be doing this on monday morning!

I'd just like a little more info on how long this is meant to take, not good for the nerves!

Was anybody else told to do this?

Cheers
  • Eoiny555
    Eoiny555 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    donone46 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I had my interview on 8th May, then got a call back 10th to re-do my online tests in a controlled environment, felt they went much better than Id previously done if i'm honest. I was told by the guy at PFL building doing the re-tests that I'd hear in a week... still not heard.

Called the newcastle manpower place and they gave me a number to call manpower jaguar directly... so I'll be doing this on monday morning!

I'd just like a little more info on how long this is meant to take, holding us over a barrel a bit and making us wait, not good for the nerves!

Was anybody else told to do this?

Cheers

I went in on May 10th & resat my online assesment, the guy said I will recieve a phone call in the next 7 days. I rang manpower on Thursday & the gave me the number for the halewood office. I rang them & the lady I spoke to said that it is taking longer that they expected to process the applications & asked me to be patient & I will get a call or email in the next couple of weeks

Give them & call Monday & see do they tell you the same & let me know
    Everything Happens For A Reason....
  • davehills
    davehills Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Kenny77 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me if you are made to take a drug test at the manuel assessment? Got mine tomorrow but been to amastetdam lately so was just wondering.

Be aware that cannabis can be detected in urine up to three weeks after being taken.

Some places take a hair sample which enables them to detect drug use for many months after the event!
  • peewak
    peewak Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 May 2012 at 8:21PM
    Options
    Eoiny555 wrote: »
    I went in on May 10th & resat my online assesment, the guy said I will recieve a phone call in the next 7 days. I rang manpower on Thursday & the gave me the number for the halewood office. I rang them & the lady I spoke to said that it is taking longer that they expected to process the applications & asked me to be patient & I will get a call or email in the next couple of weeks

Give them & call Monday & see do they tell you the same & let me know

I done my online re-test on Friday the 4th May and got an email on the Monday saying, "Thank you for your applying to work for Manpower at Jaguar Land Rover Halewood, and completing the assessments. We really appreciate the time you have put into your application.
    Unfortunately on this occasion we are unable to progress your application further."

I was devastated as i was convinced I'd done ok. I was so angry and wanted answers, after numerous ignored emails I phoned Manpower at Halewood. The lady I spoke to told me I had applied twice and to ignore that email and that I would hear something in the next couple of weeks, but I know i only applied once so dont know whats going on. I wont hold my breath anyway because its been over two weeks now since my re-test..Good look to every one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure