Blackmore Bonds

Blackmore Bond plc are offering 9.9% return on investment with up to £75k guaranteed under the Capital Guarantee Scheme. Has anybody invested in this company?
Is this a good investment or too good to be true?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Blackmore Bond plc are offering 9.9% return on investment with up to £75k guaranteed under the Capital Guarantee Scheme.

Where did you get that information from as it is not correct. It may lead to us reporting it to the FCA who are currently taking enquires on schemes like this being incorrectly marketed (it was in their monthly publication as an "emerging concern"

1 - This is not a deposit backed product
    2 - It has no FSCS protection of any sort.
    3 - it is not a regulated retail investment product either
    4 - It has 100% loss potential.
    5 - Blackmore are not regulated or authorised by the FCA (did a postcode search using the address on their website and there was no company with their name or trading name at that address)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I went onto Yahoo and typed in best savings rates. best-investment-rates.co.uk Blackmore are top of their list. I clicked on the link which took me to their website.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Marvin27 wrote: »
    I went onto Yahoo and typed in best savings rates. best-investment-rates.co.uk Blackmore are top of their list. I clicked on the link which took me to their website.

That site is dodgy. It is not regulated or authorised by the FCA. It is full of complete BS

Such as "Best Fixed Interest Bonds as rated by our in-house analysts". They have no such thing. The list on that site contains a range of product types including extremely high risk unregulated schemes as well as some deposit back options.

One thing in common is that each link is a referral link that they get paid on if you follow it and buy the product. The site is nothing more than a collection of referral links.

I would call it a scam site because they are making financial gain by telling lies. i.e. a scam. It has been reported.
    You may also wish to change your search engine to Google. Yahoo is awful. It still wont stop you getting dodgy sites in the search but you tend to find google filters them better.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Where did you get that information from as it is not correct. It may lead to us reporting it to the FCA who are currently taking enquires on schemes like this being incorrectly marketed (it was in their monthly publication as an "emerging concern"

Definitely one to report. The headline of their website says:

The Blackmore Bond | Earn 9.9% On Your Savings
    The Blackmore Bond Offers A Fixed Rate Of Return Of 8.9% to 9.9% On Your Savings. ... Invest In UK Property With Our Bonds And Enjoy Returns Of 8.9% or 9.9% Per Annum

If that isn't a scam and fake advertising then I'd be very surprised as it's not savings product! No mention anywhere on the page of capital being at risk. How can they be able to get away with that?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Hi
    I am looking at Blackmore Bonds 5 year fixed term ISA which is offering 8.5% a year.
    Does anyone have any experience with this product and is your investment safe?
    They say in the blurb that there is some risk but they say investors have a 'legal charge' over their assets, a Capital Protection Scheme - which acts like an insurance and an Independent Security Trustee - International Administration Group.
    Do these 3 things add up to anything in real life?
    I would welcome comments and advice!
    Thanks
    Mark
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Did you bother to read the previous four posts? Nothing has changed

This is not a cash deposit, has no meaningful protection and has the potential for 100% loss of your money
  • Yes I read and noted the previous posts but wondered if an insurance backed scheme offered more protection, from your reply - clearly not!
    Would you happen to know a safe, viable alternative?
    Thanks
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    anfield58 wrote: »

There is nothing offering a properly guaranteed return of anywhere near that rate. So your options are to stay in cash (in which case there are some accounts from reputable financial institutions that offer up to 5% for smaller sums or around 2% on larger sums), take P2P risk at around 5%, or invest for the long term in stocks and shares.

Alex
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    anfield58 wrote: »
    Yes I read and noted the previous posts but wondered if an insurance backed scheme offered more protection, from your reply - clearly not!
    Thanks

Yes, normal investments in a S&S ISA that are FSCS protected. But they have a risk associated with them - although not the risk of the company running away with your money that unregulated ones do
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure