Hot water but no central heating from combi boiler?

Options
Greenstar junior 24i. It's been checked a few months ago.

I haven't actually used it for central heating for a couple of years and seldom for water.

The pressure on it always goes to 0 bars after a few days and usually the filling loop is permanently attached so I would just up the pressure by turning both knobs.

So I couldn't find the filling loop, maybe the council engineer took it by mistake so I decided to use the hose/pipe from the shower.

At first the gauge didn't move so I left the pipe on and knobs open, I came back 10mins later to find water pouring out of the plastic oval shaped thing at the bottom of the boiler system, I then turned one of the knobs and the gauge went up.

So I press the heating button on the control panel for '1hr', which means it should start automatically right away but nothing, I try the same with the water and nothing however when I turn a hot water tap on the boiler fires up and I have hot water etc.

Yet I have no central heating, I have reset the control panel.

In the past I would just press the left hand button on control panel for '1hr' and the central heating would fire up.

Any ideas?

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 23 November 2019 at 12:52AM
    Options
    Yes. You need to call someone to fix this boiler because it's broken. Whether it was checked yesterday, last year or as you say, a few months ago, it's a dud. It needs mending and you can't do it. And you shouldn't try because it looks like you're either going to flood the place or you'll blow yourself up. Send for help. NOW!!!

PS I'm also a council tenant and it's the council's responsibility to ensure that all their properties are well-maintained and tenants have adequate heating. Especially when it's cold. Don't let them fob you off, as our council tries, with tales of 'you will have to call your gas supplier'. You won't, it's the council's responsibility and they need to fix it. And if they need to fix it as an 'out of hours' job they'll not want to but it's your right to insist. So please do. Don't put up with any of their nonsense.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    What do you do for heat or hot water if you don't use it, no wonder it's knackered
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure