PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aww Fuddle *hugs* at least now they might start getting to the root of the actual problem, fingers crossed. You're overdue a large chunk of good luck that way for sure.

Be careful though Fuddle, costing out your allotment veg, or you might end up like me and eating the worlds most expensive vegetable :rotfl: I did everything I could to get my courgette plant to grow, battled every pest and disease through a very wet humid summer.... and got one pesky gold plated miniature courgette!

Nursemaggie, if you'd like to post some of what you have in the storecupboard here, I bet we'd have some interesting suggestions.

Cranky, as you know, I'm on low carb with plenty of fat. After reading the research, skinny hubby is doing it too and, anecdotally, has found improved endurance and his personal best jogging times (we're both very active now and becoming more so), so it doesn't preclude exercise. But I think what you eat is very personal, and though this is very much working for us, it's not one size fits all.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If not mentioned by Kitty, fuddle, cod liver oil is a good anti inflammatory and 3 dates a day may help too.

DS came for his dinner and took a lot of things away. I think I need to cut down on things stored for other people. DS's old room is quite full now with boxes. Some are empty for me to pack.

DS jumped and then shuddered and then he carefully lifted the corner of a box lid and then laughed.

"I saw a pair of eyes!" he said.

It was Aleksander Meerkat in the box.

FPK that looks a very useful website I will use that.
  • nursemaggie
    Why am I getting these huge spaces between between paragraphs?
  • nursemaggie
    softstuff five tins of salmon, five tins of tuna, and two tins of caramel custard see what you can do with those. I have 5 jellies too so I could make tuna trifle.
  • pandamonium
    pandamonium Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

DS came for his dinner and took a lot of things away.

I was going to suggest palming off, er I mean gifting, some of the excess food to DS :D.

Not sure tuna trifle is going to be the next "in" thing :rotfl:.

Been plotting and scheming about how to make DS1's tiny bedroom work. I think I have been overthinking it. Is it just me who suffers from paralysing perfectionism? I think I have a workable solution now, I just need to get on with it.

Lots more work has happened in the garden while we have some good weather. It almost looks respectable now.

Along with everyone inproving their diet and taking more excercise, I'm back low carbing from tomorrow ( I seem to have grown out of a lot of my summer clothes. I thought only kids did that :o ). Trying to find myself a reasonably priced Dutch style bike, I quite fancy being the mad cat lady on the vintage bicycle :D .

Hugs and healing vibes to all who need them.

Panda x
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Fuddle - sorry to hear the dreaded UC is threatening to put in an appearance. On the bright side, though, you already know far more about healthy eating than I did all those years ago when I was first diagnosed. You have learnt what suits your body and what doesn't. It is still a work in progress, though. Steve Wright and Jordan Reasoner, two American chaps who developed the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, often say that you can have a long period free of symptoms, then just when you think you have cracked it and found the perfect diet, your gut starts playing up again, so you have to make a few more tweaks here and there. Some people are sensitive to one or more of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, otherwise known as dairy, eggs, nuts and fruit. Whatever works for you, do as I think it was Churchill who said - keep b*ggering on......
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have 5 jellies too so I could make tuna trifle.

You could, but I'd rather you didn't :rotfl:

The caramel custard I have nothing for, but we get through salmon and tuna at a rate of knots here:
    Salmon for brekkie with boiled eggs, mushrooms and spinach
    salmon added to the end of stir fried veg and warmed through
    salmon or tuna crustless quiche
    Salmon or tuna salad

Tuna I can just eat directly with a bit of balsamic vinegar as a snack though...
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • nursemaggie
    I do have plans for the salmon and tuna though not the caramel custard. I was meaning I really need to buy some things to go with what I have. I have ton of lentils and pasta. I did send DS home with some pasta.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just popping in to say Hi to Fuddle - lovely to see you posting, sorry you have been through the mill with health x

Today is my first time out of the house for 4 days, had this bloomin cold, that started about 3 weeks ago, then floored me Wednesday - feeling more human today, but very, errrm snotty... sorry TMI but no other word describes it.

Beautiful clear skies here, still cool but due to warm later.

Re low carb, I need to get back to it properly, I lost 4 stone about 10years ago, but slipped back into easy carb ways. I still avoid wheat, but need to lose some weight, so thanks for the prompt - Hubby could have a slimmer me to take away in September ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    I went to a juicing versus blending workshop yesterday with DD1, I only went to keep her company as I have neither a juicer or blender, nor do I have the room, money or sufficient power to run them.
    But it was interesting, I'm of the opinion that blending is better as when you juice you throw away all the stuff that you should be eating. We had a nice mix of pineapple and spinach in coconut water, promoted as a way of making raw spinach palatable, but I like raw spinach anyway.

DD2 text me this morning at 5:30 to ask if I could do childcare next Thursday 7:30 - 11:30 in the morning, so I've added it to my diary along with the Tuesday that I'm already booked for.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure