Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• inna
    inna Posts: 590 Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Thanks inna I can see both offers when I click through, wonder if the free offer will still be ok if only bought today though.

yes, you can claim it for free if bought today. actual claim you submit within 5 or 7 days?
    :money:
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Good morning everyone :wave:

Happy birthday emerald, hope you have a lovely day x _party_:bdaycake:
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Thanks inna I can see both offers when I click through, wonder if the free offer will still be ok if only bought today though.

It's still there for claims for today. Select tesco. Today.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thanks TM I got the cashews you posted to go in a muller shop. Compared as you said.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    inna wrote: »
    yes, you can claim it for free if bought today. actual claim you submit within 5 or 7 days?
    zippydooda wrote: »
    It's still there for claims for today. Select tesco. Today.

Thank you both :)
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Have been trying to do an approved food order but I didn't realise they were on tv this morning so the site crashed and I wasn't logged in so I have lost the organic tea bags I had in my basket. :mad:

Really struggling to find a whole shop this time as no ground coffee in stock at all I might have to give it a miss today. I want to keep to stuff we need not that we might use in the distant future. :o
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 May 2018 at 11:50AM
    mhoc wrote: »
    what annoys me about COS is that we never actually know if a one day offer is actually a one day offer.
    eg the squash was a one day offer that went live late on Tuesday afternoon, inevitably after I'd benn to Mr T in the morning
    Then on Wednesday it was a one day offer again

Also some offers are just on COS but not always on Q clicksnappy so I check COS several times a day to see if the little number at the top has changed but then forget to check Q to see if the offers are matching.

They can be a bit flakey - it may disappear from offers but still be available to claim when they are near the budget for the promotion (so they explained a while ago - it means those who have bought can still claim, and dissuades other less persistent shoppers from buying them, but if you can see them to claim them you can buy them, as we know ;)). They may also withdraw an offer early if they have processed claims up to the budget (understandable really from a business perspective so they don't overspend, but it is annoying if it disappears early when you planned to go later/another day!).

Note the Tetley juice offer today has changed to claim one free (from claim two free, which was the previous offer).

HTH

Anon
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    :rotfl: A nickname will be fine - I used to be known as PK when I frequented this thread a few years ago but we can't have 2 PK's

Dora sounds ok :D

How about "skidmark"? :rotfl:

Sorry, but I genuinely read your name as Pandora Skids!
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Waitrose email states we have cancelled your order as requested.....

I didn't request it!

Does it say "as you requested" or "as requested"?

Because it was probably requested by someone in the business therefore, technically, correct
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good afternoon everyone.

Happy Birthday Emerald :bdaycake:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts