IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please Help! Letter from QDR Solicitors on behalf of NCP for Parked on No parking area

Hi,
In January I got Parking Charge notice from NCP for "parked on or within a No parking area" on my windscreen. I did park in the yellow box at the car park but the car was not obstracting anything, was not by the gates and wasn't blocking any exits or other cars. I have seen many people parking there as the car park isn't very big and gets very busy. It was at Chorleywood station carpark and it was totally full although I already paid the daily parking ticket for that day by phone.
I ignored the parking charge notice, then I ignored Notice to Keeper and a letter and a text from ZZPS debt collectors. And now I received a letter from QDR Solicitors Ltd. Instracted by ZZPS on behalf of NCP requiring me to make a payment of £182 now within 14 days. It was £100 originally. The letter says that "failure to make a payment or contacting them to discuss repayment of this debt may result in them recommending their client to pass it to Litigation Department. And this may mean they will look to obtain a County Court Judgement".
Please advise if I should make a payment now or contact them? I am worried ending up in court having to pay even more or have a negative impact on my credit rating.

Thank you very much for the help,

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Please advise if I should make a payment now or contact them?
    LOL, neither! QDR letters are just debt collector letters, nothing more.
    I am worried ending up in court
    What v NCP? You'd be the first in years, since they were sting for a 6 figure sum by Mr Mayhook who fought back when they made the mistake of coming up against him in court.

Relax, ignore.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Post Four of the Newbies Sticky covers debt collectors completely - Please read it.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Zoe_lee wrote: »
    Hi,
    And now I received a letter from QDR Solicitors Ltd. Instracted by ZZPS on behalf of NCP requiring me to make a payment of £182 And this may mean they will look to obtain a County Court Judgement".

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Sounds like a sketch from The Two Ronnies!

What the jokers missed off was:

If NCP take you to court, you lose, then refuse to pay within the prescribed time they may look to get a County Court Judgement, but don't worry because NCP don't do court
  • Dave2206
    Dave2206 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi guys

Totally new to the side, joined today. Where can i find the newbies sticky? Would like some info about a ncp parking ticket i recieved.

Thanks for your help
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    top of this forum, second thread down
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Dave2206 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Totally new to the side, joined today. Where can i find the newbies sticky? Would like some info about a ncp parking ticket i recieved.

Thanks for your help

Did you miss the signature under every post I make? Look at the message below.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Zoe_lee
    Zoe_lee Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thank you guys for the advice !!!55357;!!!56842;
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Zoe_lee wrote: »
    Thank you guys for the advice !!!55357;!!!56842;

If after studying the FAQ you have other questions then start your own thread

No more hijacking other people's like this!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Quentin wrote: »
    If after studying the FAQ you have other questions then start your own thread

No more hijacking other people's like this!
    Quentin, Zoe_lee started this thread. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure