Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,668Posts
    • 28,882Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 539
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 22nd May 19, 5:05 PM
    • 17,185 Posts
    • 36,575 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Forums in general aren't as good as they used to be even a couple of years ago.
    I think in some cases the AE thing has been justified here.
    Multiple AEs talking to each other is taking the proverbial though IMHO.
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    I was 'told' ages ago by the Forum Team that talking to yourself was off limits.
    People here generally know that I've used a couple of other users in the past for different reasons, but mine don't talk to either me or each other!

I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid .... If I get banned again, it's curtains!
    And I shan't return as a dog or chicken! Maybe a lizard .....

I use my others if this one gets bother or hassle ... but 'you lot' who know about the others are 'ok' ... not you that I'd likely be laying low from....
    Weekly Distance Walked 19 km / Total For Year 676 km
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd May 19, 5:16 PM
    • 28,788 Posts
    • 15,961 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The main issues with forums in general is the way they are moderated. Action is often taken against people who dont deserve it while those that do deserve action do get away with it.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 22nd May 19, 5:47 PM
    • 17,185 Posts
    • 36,575 Thanks
    Sleazy
    The main issues with forums in general is the way they are moderated. Action is often taken against people who dont deserve it while those that do deserve action do get away with it.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    "Life aint' fair ...."
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 22nd May 19, 5:54 PM
    • 6,011 Posts
    • 19,800 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    "Life aint' fair ...."
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Indeed it ain't!
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 22nd May 19, 7:40 PM
    • 8,169 Posts
    • 14,861 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    My gyne appointment was the first week in June and now postponed to third week in August! Its an absolute joke. The Leicestershire hospitals don't have a cancellation list and the reception staff are the rudest unsympathetic reception staff I have ever dealt with. I have been in pain since early Feb and I am getting fed up with it esp as its getting worse - both intensity and area of pain

Though my grandmother and parents are happy to pay for anything done privately. Though I am very grateful of their generosity but its good money wasted and I feel sorry for women who are in the same situation as me but have no financial help. If these women turn out to have cancer etc and because they waited so long to see someone that its too late to do anything, they should be very angry with the NHS
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 23rd May 19, 6:16 AM
    • 369 Posts
    • 833 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    The mentality of the people that lift drain covers and drop plastic bottle into them
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 23rd May 19, 11:11 AM
    • 17,185 Posts
    • 36,575 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I'm irritated for the lady I see on the bus and around town sometimes.
    Aged 65, been in the UK since 18 months old, school here, worked here, gets pension from here in August, but only ever had an Italian passport.

She's been told by The Home Office and The Italian Consulate that they don't know whether she needs to apply for 'settled status' here or not. Poor woman, no wonder she wanted to talk today, I would have screamed .... 64 years here.

She asked the local Labour MP what she should do. His answer? "Blame the Tories"
    Senora ........ I am irritated on your behalf!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 23rd May 19, 11:18 AM
    • 55,219 Posts
    • 152,297 Thanks
    colinw
    I'm irritated for the lady I see on the bus and around town sometimes.
    Aged 65, been in the UK since 18 months old, school here, worked here, gets pension from here in August, but only ever had an Italian passport.

She's been told by The Home Office and The Italian Consulate that they don't know whether she needs to apply for 'settled status' here or not. Poor woman, no wonder she wanted to talk today, I would have screamed .... 64 years here.

She asked the local Labour MP what she should do. His answer? "Blame the Tories"
    Senora ........ I am irritated on your behalf!
    It is a total disgrace it really is the lurch to the right this Country is taking and making victims of people like this woman, what happened to the nice tolerant Country we used to be.

This is the sort of ignorance we now have.....

A Brexit supporing idiot having a go at a Brexit supporting MP for not being Brexity enough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-politics-48360602/monmouth-mp-david-davies-called-a-liar-amid-rise-in-threats
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 23rd May 19, 5:06 PM
    • 9,459 Posts
    • 31,703 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Today I shall focus my ire on a son who is diligently gardening, with his headphones on.

If I want him, he said, "phone", he'll "feel the buzz".

Well, he hasn't. His father is feeling all neglected & ignored (as I've work to finish). Infuriating!
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 23rd May 19, 8:49 PM
    • 26,132 Posts
    • 69,124 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I'm more than irritated with the git who clipped my car in Tesco's car park and just cleared off.

I'll be looking out for a white car with some black streaks.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Brewster The Rooster
    • By Brewster The Rooster 24th May 19, 10:03 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    Brewster The Rooster
    I'm more than irritated with the git who clipped my car in Tesco's car park and just cleared off.

I'll be looking out for a white car with some black streaks.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Sounds like my farmers boy Miss Polly.
    When my farmer asked him about the streaks, he said they were 'go faster stripes'.
    He didn't explain it was all to do with making a fast getaway.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 24th May 19, 10:21 AM
    • 55,219 Posts
    • 152,297 Thanks
    colinw
    ^^^^^^

Very unfunny AE's at least the bloody dog is amusing...
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 24th May 19, 1:11 PM
    • 1,949 Posts
    • 4,834 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Just heard a plane fly over my house which sounded suspiciously like it was powered by a merlin engine. My irritation is I didn't actually see it
    • colinw
    • By colinw 24th May 19, 1:13 PM
    • 55,219 Posts
    • 152,297 Thanks
    colinw
    Just heard a plane fly over my house which sounded suspiciously like it was powered by a merlin engine. My irritation is I didn't actually see it
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    Maybe one of the Brexit lot is taking all the WWII analogies too far
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 24th May 19, 5:02 PM
    • 17,185 Posts
    • 36,575 Thanks
    Sleazy
    The Brexit story taking yet another twist.
    I just want it to end.
    • Marvel1
    • By Marvel1 24th May 19, 7:17 PM
    • 4,192 Posts
    • 4,654 Thanks
    Marvel1
    Deciding to move my money from a poor ISA.

Confused by ISA, Stocks and Shares and now this PSA.

All I know is I would rather not risk fixed as you never know when you need the money,
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 24th May 19, 7:33 PM
    • 17,185 Posts
    • 36,575 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Deciding to move my money from a poor ISA.

Confused by ISA, Stocks and Shares and now this PSA.

All I know is I would rather not risk fixed as you never know when you need the money,
    Originally posted by Marvel1
    Or where interest rates are going .....
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 25th May 19, 6:51 AM
    • 369 Posts
    • 833 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    The Brexit story taking yet another twist.
    I just want it to end.
    They should have a general election and all the candidates should be forced to announce if they are leave or remain voters and then forced to vote that way forever if elected.

No point in giving the 'people' a vote on the matter if the elected body is allowed to then overturn that result.
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 25th May 19, 6:43 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    MissPickle
    I've never really got that
    How does that work?
    So some people have a few different accounts, but it's really one person & they get their AE's to have a chat to each other? Like... puppets? Punch & Judy style?

Nahhhh you're having me on.

That's a worry!
    I think we should show a little compassion though coz maybe they are lonely or poorly & it might bring them some comfort, maybe? I dunno.
    I get lonely sometimes but not ... that lonely.
    It's basically like talking to yourself. I hope that never happens to me
    You don't know though! One minute you can be ticking along quite nicely & then wham, down you go. Could happen to anyone!
    Still... live & let live, I'll talk to anyone. I'm not fussy
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 25th May 19, 6:52 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    MissPickle
    I do quite often talk to myself out loud though
    I talk to the car a lot. Well... he's like family!
    I sing, I backchat to the radio when there's a hot debate going on or whenever I disagree with anything.
    I swear at other drivers whilst smiling sometimes, that's a bit weird, or so my daughter tells me.
    I'm quite careful in public though, most of the time
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,586Posts Today

7,720Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Oh if only one were brave/honest enough to say "my mental health" - in answer to the weakness question. I say this? https://t.co/RyihpzwPdY

• Been out with the little one, just got back and turned the #c4debate on. What have i missed? Who is winning?

• It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Follow Martin