Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    • 14,088Posts
    • 43,607Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 12:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 113
    • purkles
    • By purkles 19th May 19, 12:34 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    purkles
    They never used to Saturdays when I started. Any Saturday posts will be getting done Mondays.
    Maybe I shouldn't have rejoined, can see it being quit really quickly
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th May 19, 9:57 AM
    • 67,016 Posts
    • 303,384 Thanks
    beanielou
    I've just rejoined and don't remember ever getting a cube as part of the training!
    If they send me one for training it's going in the bin
    Originally posted by purkles
    So what will you do when you go live?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 17 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • HomingPigeon
    • By HomingPigeon 20th May 19, 7:25 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    HomingPigeon
    Re the following question:

How to record received post with stamp only crossed by pen? No post mark and date.

I phoned the Helpline to ask this and was told to record it as "No postmark".

It happens quite a lot and I think it should be included in the FAQs.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 20th May 19, 11:19 AM
    • 21,406 Posts
    • 15,663 Thanks
    molerat
    10 daily prize
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 20th May 19, 11:19 AM
    • 1,879 Posts
    • 10,325 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    Can I ask what do people do with all the polystyrene that arrives in the cubes/packages? There's only so many fishing flies that need to be tied, and cake toppers that need to be dried - what else can you do with it? Does anyone need it?
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 20th May 19, 2:21 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 2,326 Thanks
    Saetana
    Back on training again - its a bit daft having me retrain when I only finished my last stint 3 months ago - really hoping the number of parcels doesn't get ridiculous...
    2019 Wins: London Break, 145 cash, 125 vouchers, 2 cases of wine, football shirt, 2 x meal out voucher, 4 scratchcard, 2 t-shirts, football, face cream, 85 sun creams, chocolate, coffee, Haribo
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 20th May 19, 2:24 PM
    • 2,210 Posts
    • 2,644 Thanks
    need an answer
    Can I ask what do people do with all the polystyrene that arrives in the cubes/packages? There's only so many fishing flies that need to be tied, and cake toppers that need to be dried - what else can you do with it? Does anyone need it?
    Originally posted by joeyjimbles
    Sadly straight in the bin!
    in S 49 T 19 F 44
    out S 39 T 14 F 58
    2017 -32 2018 -33
    • molerat
    • By molerat 20th May 19, 4:17 PM
    • 21,406 Posts
    • 15,663 Thanks
    molerat
    Back on training again - its a bit daft having me retrain when I only finished my last stint 3 months ago - really hoping the number of parcels doesn't get ridiculous...
    Originally posted by Saetana
    I had to retrain with only a week out. At least I got both the final pack and the first live pack with presentation stamps.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 20th May 19, 4:52 PM
    • 67,016 Posts
    • 303,384 Thanks
    beanielou
    In the bin for me too

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • quoia
    • By quoia 20th May 19, 5:54 PM
    • 13,316 Posts
    • 141,802 Thanks
    quoia
    Re the following question:

How to record received post with stamp only crossed by pen? No post mark and date.

I phoned the Helpline to ask this and was told to record it as "No postmark".

It happens quite a lot and I think it should be included in the FAQs.
    Originally posted by HomingPigeon
    Strange that !
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ()
    () Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • GetRealBabe
    • By GetRealBabe 21st May 19, 12:35 PM
    • 2,200 Posts
    • 2,427 Thanks
    GetRealBabe
    Originally posted by Saetana
    Hi

Had 2 cubes to post this week. Posted both today as have nowhere to store them at work.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 014-Finally got a signature.

• elsien
    • By elsien 21st May 19, 4:32 PM
    • 19,881 Posts
    • 50,482 Thanks
    elsien
    Breaking them up and using them in the bottom of large plant pots to improve drainage and save on compost.

Putting them as filler in any parcels I send where the box is a bit big fir what's inside.

Out of interest, why is posting on a Saturday any more days difficult than posting any other day of the week? I'm not seeing a problem.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st May 19, 8:14 PM
    • 67,016 Posts
    • 303,384 Thanks
    beanielou
    Breaking them up and using them in the bottom of large plant pots to improve drainage and save on compost.

Putting them as filler in any parcels I send where the box is a bit big fir what's inside.

Out of interest, why is posting on a Saturday any more days difficult than posting any other day of the week? I'm not seeing a problem.
    Originally posted by elsien

For me it is because I am not usually out & about before the last pick up.
    Though I think you can post the night before that does not always suit me either.

***Keep plodding***
    • rpstdavids
    • By rpstdavids 22nd May 19, 2:48 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    rpstdavids

I usually put them back in cubes that I have to post, put 3 or 4 in some of them. Makes the box feel a bit sturdier, but not a lot heavier.
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 23rd May 19, 11:12 AM
    • 1,879 Posts
    • 10,325 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    Thanks for all the polystyrene suggestions, I did use a couple yesterday in a box I was sending for work but still have loads leftover. I might try adding extra to the cubes too - I try so hard to recycle and it seems like such a waste.

On Friday I was asked to return 8 RFIDs which I duly did, and today I have received 3 RFIDS from Swan Lane because they felt I was likely to run out.....
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 23rd May 19, 11:24 AM
    • 67,016 Posts
    • 303,384 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks for all the polystyrene suggestions, I did use a couple yesterday in a box I was sending for work but still have loads leftover. I might try adding extra to the cubes too - I try so hard to recycle and it seems like such a waste.

On Friday I was asked to return 8 RFIDs which I duly did, and today I have received 3 RFIDS from Swan Lane because they felt I was likely to run out.....

You could not make it up

***Keep plodding***
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 23rd May 19, 11:45 AM
    • 3,020 Posts
    • 1,492 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579
    Whereas, they want me to return everything, in which case I would run out! So I haven’t bothered returning them yet.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
    • redagila
    • By redagila 24th May 19, 6:03 PM
    • 4,574 Posts
    • 15,180 Thanks
    redagila
    Been out all day, just come Home & a survey invite when I logged in. Might be worth checking your accounts.
    • purkles
    • By purkles 25th May 19, 10:10 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    purkles

Originally posted by elsien
    My post office is only open until 12pm on a Saturday. I have other weekend commitments.
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 26th May 19, 11:19 AM
    • 8,992 Posts
    • 32,443 Thanks
    Primrose
    I don't know how many people participate in the main surveys at any one time but it does seem to me that with more and more sub post offices in danger of closing it,s going to become increasingly difficult to find enough participants who will be able to access them easily to post the cubes.

It,s one thing being able to post a Jiffy bag into a post box but cubes can,t be handled in this way and if Royal Mail keep closing rural or suburban post offices participants will no longer be able to fulfil the demands of the survey through no fault of their own. This applies especially those who work and therefore have their movement times restricted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,202Posts Today

6,094Users online

Martin's Twitter