Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Whits88
    • By Whits88 21st May 19, 8:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Whits88
    0 WOW
    Lodge holiday, who is my contract with
    • 21st May 19, 8:55 PM
    0 WOW
    Lodge holiday, who is my contract with 21st May 19 at 8:55 PM
    I have made a complaint about a lodge holiday to the company I booked through and paid. They have said my contract is with the lodge owner and not them. Surely thatís not correct as I paid them. Please could someone confirm who my contract would be with.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 22nd May 19, 10:05 AM
    • 20,755 Posts
    • 15,022 Thanks
    molerat
    • 22nd May 19, 10:05 AM
    • 22nd May 19, 10:05 AM
    Your contract is with whoever is shown in your written contract.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 24th May 19, 2:09 PM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 1,625 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 24th May 19, 2:09 PM
    • 24th May 19, 2:09 PM
    the vast majority of businesses selling stays in non hotel accommodation claim they only act as an agent for the owner and all complaints must be made to them. I am not sure whether the idea has ever been tested in court but if the conditions are clear, and they usually are, they will set out who to complain to. In many cases, it says you must complain whilst you are actually staying at the accommodation so that any genuine complaints can be resolved there and then. If you didn't contact anyone at all then you may be in some difficulty. If you need us to check your conditions, you need to tell us who you booked with.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

152Posts Today

1,612Users online

Martin's Twitter