Bank accounts that show pending card transactions

Hi Which banks show pending card transactions just switched to hsbc and they do not have this so looking to switch again when they pay me £150!

Comments

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    anm72 wrote: »
    Hi Which banks show pending card transactions just switched to hsbc and they do not have this so looking to switch again when they pay me £150!

App-based banks Starling or Mozno, a prepaid card or basic bank account. They will usually show pending transactions instantly.

It can be hit or miss with most other accounts.

My local Costa and Morrisons don't appear to authorise small transactions, so my bank doesn't know about them until a day or two later.

When you use a Starling, Monzo, prepaid or basic bank account card every transaction is authorised, so the bank knows about it immediately.

Having said that, my local Tesco had a problem processing payments a while ago and a transaction I made using a prepaid card didn't hit the account until about two weeks later.

Tracking you own spending is your best option.
  • Lloyds show transitions immediately
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Barclays too, although I wouldn't make it my main reason for holding an account.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    SnowTiger wrote: »

Tracking you own spending is your best option.

This every time. It is the only way to be certain of your record of transactions.
  • Lloyds show transitions immediately

Do they?
    Online statements and the APP show pending transactions (if not contactless) but they are not debited immediately.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sanatander are slow to show the true amount in your account and often have pending transactions or amount available.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Nationwide shows pending debit card transactions on my FlexAccount on the mobile app.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You could always get a free curve card and link to your existing debit cards as a way to get instant spending notifications for accounts where the bank themselves don't offer it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure