Energy Club - Switch stll in progress.

alewin
alewin Posts: 177 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
I switched suppliers to British Gas in the middle of April, over 5 weeks ago, and the supply started in the first week of May.
My new account is fully setup and have also received a final bill from my old supplier.

However my cheap energy club account is still showing as switch in progress. Normally it would be okay but British Gas have a newer slight cheaper tariff available which I am unable to switch to and I might miss out.

Anyone know if it would be okay to switch to this slight cheaper tariff through another comparison site, just don't want to lose the cashback for the current switch just gone through.

I emailed the cheap energy club two days ago but as yet no reply.

Thanks.

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 May 2019 at 9:45PM
    alewin wrote: »
    . . .
    Anyone know if it would be okay to switch to this slight cheaper tariff through another comparison site, just don't want to lose the cashback for the current switch just gone through.
    I emailed the cheap energy club two days ago but as yet no reply.
    As I understand it, CEC waits for the switch to be confirmed by the new supplier before it lifts the Switch In Progress marker. You might lose the cashback if you switch beforehand so it might be better to wait till you hear back from CEC before moving on unless the savings on the new tariff are more than the casback.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My switch was completed on 25th April and is still showing as 'switch in progress' on my Energy Club Account.
  • texter
    texter Posts: 36 Forumite
    My switch via the CEC completed yesterday according to the supplier, but the CEC still says switch in progress.

No sight of any cashback from then yet either?

Anyone else in a similar situation?
  • Consumerist
    edited 25 May 2019 at 11:43AM
    texter wrote: »
    My switch via the CEC completed yesterday according to the supplier, but the CEC still says switch in progress.
    No sight of any cashback from then yet either?
    Anyone else in a similar situation?
    Yes, I've just completed a switch via CEC but don't expect any cashback for 3 months (as was clearly indicated on the CEC list of potential suppliers).

Edit
    2h2do28.jpg
  • alewin
    alewin Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    As I understand it, CEC waits for the switch to be confirmed by the new supplier before it lifts the Switch In Progress marker. You might lose the cashback if you switch beforehand so it might be better to wait till you hear back from CEC before moving on unless the savings on the new tariff are more than the casback.

Thanks for the reply.

The new tariff only saves around £2 a month but is fixed for a month longer.
    Just a pain that I can't switch to it yet and might not be available soon.
    Oh well.
  • My switch took 6 months to be confirmed and the cashback paid !

Don't hold your breath....
  • Consumerist
    alewin wrote: »
    . . .The new tariff only saves around £2 a month but is fixed for a month longer. . .
    Well, I'm no expert but it seems that energy prices have come down a fair bit over the past 6 months so there could be further reductions in the pipeline. Hanging on a bit might not be too bad a thing.

Probably, suppliers are keeping their powder dry until they know more about how the dreaded BREXT pans out.

2ut0lmb.jpg
    (Graph from Utility Helpline)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure