PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Sunday 13th May 2018

Options

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to those in need.
    Sunny here today so the batteries should get a good top up.
    I'm off out with DD1 today, CHS will watch the GP.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Prayers please today for a fellow blogger whose husband lost his fight with cancer on Friday. He had been ill for a while and nothing they had treated him with had really worked. The family are devasated.

One more sleep and we will be on our way down the M roads to Bristol. We are having an early lunch before we leave, we should get to the Days Inn before the traffic builds up for the evening rush hour.

Overnight bag packed, needless to say OH just HAD to see that I had put the medicine chest in the bag!! He has just asked where his camera is, well sunshine its right in front of your nose in the crate!! He is going out to fiddle with the car, so maybe half an hours peace.

I now need to pack the rest of our clothes away.....will put the trousers in last in the morning. Plan to do an overnight wash and dry the stuff in the dryer, will then put the sheets etc in when we get up, again they will go in the dryer. I like to come home from holiday to a clean bed.

Quiche cooking in the oven, salmon for tomorrows lunch defrosting, I will cook it later in white wine and lemon juice, it will go in the fridge.

Supper tonight roast pork, calebrese, carrots and roast spuds......no dessert, will do a couple of extra spuds.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning :wave:

Glorious day here sun is cracking the flags already :j Decision will be whether to give the kitchen a much needed scrub and polish or lounge in the garden working on my B+Q paint chart :)

Had a lovely weekend. Friday spa day was everything I had wanted it to be. I opted for a facial which was heaven my skin is still soft today. Hotel was gorgeous and we all ate and drank far too much :cool:

Last night it was the usual Eurovision party which met expectations of hilarious songs and political voting. Third from last was a good result for us :rotfl:

So today its round to Simon Rimmer's house now then either sit in the garden or clean the kitchen mmm lets think about that decision :o Food needs to be nice and light after a couple of days of carb loading:)

csarina enjoy your holiday sounds like you have it planned perfectly

Hope all is OK with TA

Enjoy your days all xx
  • mylastpound
    mylastpound Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all
    Its quite sunny here, which I was surprised about. so ive put the bedding in the wash and that will go on the line shortly.
    Did a spring clean yesterday, so the house is soo tidy. Feeling quite pleased.
    Have taken out some mince to defrost, which il use to make a chill for tea, with a lemon cheese cake and bottle of rose wine.
    Now off to log onto work laptop to clear some emails and then I might tackle the English dresser ( the junk cupboard)

Have a fab day all
    3-6 Emergency Fund, No96: £1,000 / £2,000 - House Deposit: £11,000 / £11,000 - Holiday Fund: £100 / £1,300 -
    June 2018 Grocery Challenge £61.59 / £250
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    It was a beautiful start to the day but now the clouds are gathering :(. Typical as I have done one wash and hung it out, stripped the bed and that's going round in the WM, but I shall hang that out too and keep my fingers crossed. I also have all the windows open for some fresh air. I daren't open the patio doors if I'm not in the room, as last time I found a cat fast asleep on the carpet inside the door :eek:. Didn't seem bothered about us because he just got up, stretched and sauntered out :rotfl:. Cheeky monkey er.... cat !
    Mr Fix It has gone over our friends to do the oil and filter change on the car, as he has a pit in his garage. His OH is struggling with her cancer at the moment and now has lymphedema too so has to wear a special vest and sleeve :(.
    I have prepped the veg and put the oven on. On the menu today is roast pork with roasties, peas, honey carrots and runner beans. I found two desert apples in the fruit bowl so they are now apple sauce :D.
    I shall remake the bed after Dad has gone home, as I want to air it a bit.
    I am packed for my holiday but Mr Fix It is not, there was a time when he was working that I packed for him, but now he likes to do it himself. Oh well if he's not done he can't go :D.
    Judi thank goodness for people like your daughter. They make the world a better place.
    Nelski glad you had a lovely spa break.
    Csarina I am thinking of your dearly departed friend and family. Such sadness due to that illness.
    Right the WM has finished so I'd better sort it out. Take care and hugs to all those that need or want one.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No booting thankfully. It meant drawing some money out of the bank and he thought better of it. I am happy enough as i havent got to worry about the amount of tat dragged back.

Does anyone think SA domestic cats look a bit strange?

I'm in Grumps bad books today. He's lost a pair of secateurs and the hose for the carpet cleaner. i relegated them to one of the sheds and he cant find them now so he's smashed the carpet cleaner up in temper.
    IMG-20180512-_WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180512-_WA0005_1.jpg
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    csarina

My thoughts and prayers for our forum friend and family who must be devastated. Gentle virtual hug.

Judi

The pictures are so sweet and I agree about the cats.

I spent some time with my older dd yesterday who has been ill for some time sitting in the sun with a cold drink and then a short trip to the shops to get her some fruit, healthy snacks, a puzzle book and a cut price dvd to watch so she feels looked after. I go at least once a week and her sisters try to make sure at least one of them (or more) see her once week.

My other twin dd has told me a very good friend has a real problem finding someone to watch her toddler one day a week or so ahead for an emergency trip and dd cannot help, so I made the offer to have the toddler here. I am not very fast on my feet but can close the fence doors to the back garden and make it secure.

Just had a late brunch of lean bacon, egg and wholemeal toast and tea and planning baked fish with actifry chips and peas tonight. Having a lazy afternoon with a good book and then sorting out some clean laundry and old coat hangers to be packed up for collecting.

Hugs to all
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good afternoon from a wet, windy & wild SW France :(

The day is going quite well (apart from the weather :( )

The new owners (D & C) have been introduced to the farmer & his wife (M & F) - sounds like the start to a nursery rhyme or a very blue joke :rotfl: Was supposed to be a flying visit :rotfl: as D & C + the in-laws & the dog we’re heading back to Paris 500 miles away :eek: DSis & DH were very happy that D & C got on very well with M & F ( 10 mins turned into about 50 mins :rotfl:) so D & C will know someone when they return at the end of the month:)

Managed to declutter another 50 or so items over the W/e :T

Looks like the mad cat lady :D has managed to find a home for my DSis’s two cats :):(:(:) - the bonuses being it is in the countryside (as they are used to wide open spaces) & about 40 km from here - so should be no attempts to get back :D

The cs are coming (with a van) on Tuesday a.m. & hopefully they will take everything :rotfl: so we can avoid a large Tip trip :D .

DB should be arriving in a hired van from Germany late Tuesday :). Large unsold pieces of furniture are being stored with the farmer :D & DB is bringing stuff from Germany for the Tip (as it is very expensive :eek: to get rid of stuff in Germany)

Thursday is a trip to DNeph’s place with the wm, a freezer, a sofa & a CofD + the rest of his personal belongings :j

Then load up the van with DSis’s furniture & ornaments etc & personal belongings + crates & crates of paperwork (mostly for shreddding) :eek: + crates & crates of good quality English books to sell. DB & DH will leave in the van on Friday, drive to England, unload at our house & then DB will return to Germany. DH will fly back to France for his motorbike & DSis & I will follow him back to England in her car with the last of her personal belongings.

All in all I am hoping to be back in my own cluttered but lovely home by Friday 25th at the very latest :rotfl::T:T:T especially as we have a family party to go to on the Saturday - an 18th just to make us all feel really old :rotfl:

Unless there are any problems that need sympathetic ears to listen to, I will not post on the Daily thread until probably Monday 28th - should anyone miss me:rotfl: but I will be reading along :rotfl:

Holly, thanks for starting us off. Sounds like you had a lovely time last night & I am so pleased that you are eating well :T You appear not to have a cupboard of Doom more a cupboard of Convenience :rotfl: but if it keeps the rest of your home tidy then I am all for it :rotfl:

redruby, my invite to dinner last night must have got lost in the post :D

AoD, ditto above re tonight’s dinner :D

Deleted_User, hope you have a great holiday :) Prayers for your friend & family at this sad time.

Nelski, so pleased you enjoyed your spa day :) I have finally raised the subject with my DH - so hopefully when we are settled back home ......... :rotfl: Personally I would work on your B&Q paint chart:D the kitchen will still be there but the sun may not :D

nannywindow, hope you have a great holiday - with or without Mr Fix It:D

Judi, sounds like Grumps is a good name :D

To those I missed, so sorry :o but enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MrsSD Seems like the end is in sight. Im cheering you on from the sidelines.

Well the afternoon hasnt gone any better. A trip to B&Q didnt go well. We usually split up, he goes to look at things he wants to see and i go my own sweet way. We met up eventually just before he went through the checkout. Glad we did, he'd picked up a load of strawberry plants to go in pots. "I hope you dont think i am going to water them in the week" says me. "Dont you think ive got enough to look after with the kids, Grandchildren and the dogs?"

The last thing i need is a load of strawberry plants to water.

Hes cleared off down the garden. Hopefully he will stay there.

Roll on tomorrow.
  • dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 May 2018 at 3:27PM
    Options
    Csarina- which Days Inn are you staying at? If J19 at the services, I can recommend a couple of nice places to eat nearby. Have a safe journey down and I hope that the M5 behaves itself for you.

Oh,and if it is this one, please try to get here before 4.30 ish as the dedicated lane from J18 gets very busy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure