Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    55p to the Marmite jar on Friday
    80p to it today :)

Well, the feedback from the observation was really good; admittedly not given by she who must be obeyed but by another member of SLT, so no idea if that means I am safe or not. So fed up with the situation. I am passionate about teaching, do my very best, have a great rapport with the class, can see progress, but feel that my face doesn't fit and that nothing I do will be good enough :(

DD and I went to the theatre on Friday and had a supermarket ice-cream afterwards :) Very MS! I had a rare Saturday night with KW; I cooked the main course, he did pudding and we watched a film and drank wine. Bliss!

I dropped him at the allotment so he could put the first of our plants in and am taking DD to a match in a bit. I've got lots of work to do this afternoon, but hopefully it'll all get done without getting me down!

Thank you guys for your support x
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    Forumite
    You are perfectly safe. All this inspection malarkey just wipes us out and makes inspectors think they have power. I can say that now after 20 years in teaching. It's just BS. What is important is the rest of your life and KW and DD are great. Going to the theatre was fab as it took your mind off things for a bit.

Have a good day.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    Thank you sweetie :) It's the s&dding new Head who is causing the friction, that's why I worry, as she does have the power to fire me if I'm seriously under-performing in her eyes...but at least I now have this good feedback (the improvement points were minor and I agreed with them all) to keep my spirits up. Ofsted will be a walk in the park after her, I'm not worried about it at all....

I think she's going to insist on observing a different subject lesson this week and will, naturally, be looking for all the possibly bad points. She is evil, there's more going on with her attitude of keeping the plebs like me under her thumb, but I can't talk about it :(
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    Forumite
    I know all about that shadenfreude stuff, it's everywhere. Don't let the B******** get you down. Enjoy the weekend.:j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    Well, I made it through to half term, by the skin of my teeth it felt!

More observations coming my way - more bullying, more fear, etc etc :(

Thank goodness for KW, DD and the NHS! My new medication seems to be starting to kick in, so I haven't cried in the last week.

KW and I are now thinking more seriously about renting a house together. We love spending time in each other's company, and DD has said, without prompting, that she's 4/5 ready for us to be a unit of 3 :):)

I did, though, want to be married before living with someone after having done it all around the other way with DD's father....lived together for years and years, then had a very short marriage. So, watch this space!

My determination to not use my credit cards is going well; 9 days til payday and I think I might be able to do it this month. However, DD and I are just about to leave to go down to sunny Bath to house-sit for a few days and we will probably spend lots of money, in between watching Marvel films, eating pizza and her doing revision for exams and me doing prep work for next term.

I went to visit another school on Friday afternoon and like it, but am torn between wanting to interview there and leave my current school because of the horrible Head and horrible atmosphere that's pervading the place, and wanting to stay because I have the most amazing class of now 19 children ever, with gorgeous supportive parents, and brilliant TAs from time to time in class.

What to do?!?!?! Answers on a postcard please!
  • Hi KK its good to see you feeling happier I am sorry to hear the job is still being made awful by the head. Do you know what the head at the new school is like to work for ? What are the children like ? Last thing you need is to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire. If you can I would ask around the staff at the new school and get a feel for the place before making any decisions

Having done the marriage thing myself I wouldn't do it again. I personally don't think its necessary these days and doesn't make you any more secure. At least if you live together and things don't work out its not such a mess to walk away. But I'm sure things would work out for the three of you. I guess its a different dynamic if you are in the same house though, especially with DD and KW and the whole parenting / teen thing. Good luck to you x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    DD and I have come down to the West Country near Bath to house-sit for lovely, lovely friends :)

I took £50 out of the Marmite jar to hopefully pay for everything we might need.....we decided against our traditional Domino's pizza and stopped at Morrison's for frozen pizza and icecream :) Much, much cheaper!!

DD's already watching rubbish on Netflix and I'm going to start looking for things we can do during our holiday :)
  • Have a great time KK. Bath is a lovely city. Well done on the food savings
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    We had a very lazy day yesterday, stayed in our PJs til about 3pm then went over to Frome for a wander. I couldn't be bothered to cook again, so we had chips and fish for DD, cheese something for me :)

Today we ARE going to be more productive! Primarni (other cheapy shops are available) here we come!!

I'm still deliberating whether or not to apply for another job. I liked the school when I visited it but don't know if I'm just kidding myself and that I am really rubbish.

I still have £28 left from my £50, what with £160ish in the bank, I will make it to the end of the month before running out.
  • Kittikins
    Forumite
    We had a day mooching around Bath yesterday, took sandwiches with us so we only spent £1 or so on water and choccy, but bought some essentials and a couple of presents :)

Today has been a mooching around the house day, watching rubbish on TV, getting a little bit of work done and ordering a few more presents that were cheaper online than in the shops yesterday....

Can't wait to get back and see KW, missing him like mad and him me by all accounts :) *swoon*

I decided against applying for the job - my reasoning being that if I'd been desperate for it, I would have gone home and applied there and then....hope I was right to not do it. I'm under no illusions that nasty Head will keep on trying to get me out, but hopefully it'll take her at least a year to do it, and she might get bored in the meantime, or the right place might come up ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure