Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• STO
    STO Posts: 2 Newbie
    Just thought I would share our current process. I am self employed and wife is employed full time and we went through a Mortgage Broker. Halifax was the only bank that would accept my self employed earning based on my contract as I was under 12 months. (9 months contracting).

We are both FTB and using Equity Loan however i am concerned with the amount of time i have been contracting but Broker thinks this will be fine. Time will tell.

23/04: Offer accepted on house(New Build).
    23/04: AIP with Halifax
    25/04: Full application, valuation fee paid
    25/04: Help to Buy Equity Loan submitted
    01/05: Help to Buy Equity Loan submitted again ( You need to get a confirmation email back to confirm reciept)
    03/05: Valuation carried out advised decision by 5th May
    08/05: Help to buy passed assesment but requested more documents.
    08/05: Advised valuation recieved but final assesment delayed due to bank holiday
    09/05: still nervously waiting offer from Halifax

So far the main hassle has been the help to buy forms and information.
  • Slick88
    Slick88 Posts: 31
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 May 2018 at 1:01PM
    03/02 - AIP with Natwest
    12/2 - Appointment with independant MA to look at available options
    14/2 - First and Second viewing of a property new to the market that day!
    14/2 - First offer rejected (it was a very cheeky offer
    15/2 - Second offer rejected
    17/2 - Third and final offer accepted
    22/2 - Began to instruct Solicitors
    23/2 - AIP with MA for TSB accepted and full application submitted
    26/2 - Full application received by TSB - Credit check appears on file - Survey money taken
    26/2 - MA puts survey on hold until Application process has moved forward.
    5/3 - More documents requested and alteration to Gift declaration (make sure if your getting a gift and a joint applicant both your names are on the gift statement!)
    5/3 - Documents returned same day - MA passess info across and tells us survey should be instructed week of 12/3
    13/3 - emailed MA yesterday for an update yesterday and patiently waiting for a reply
    14/3 - MA informed us he had instructed the Survey.
    19/3 - Phoned MA for an update to be informed TSB have a back log due to new products making them a 'victim of their own success'.
    21/3 Surveyors made contact in order to sign off the survey instruction and to provide email address..
    29/3 - Homebuyers survey takes place
    30/3 - Report received.
    3/4 - Phoned MA to see abotu application. MA informs me they needed the whole sheet of my CC statement not jsut the first page. not that it makes the blindest bit of difference!
    5/4 - Searches come throguh from solicitor and we take advisement on issues rising from both the searches and the survey.
    5/4 - Decision made to withdraw offer due to structural problems.
    7/4 - Offer made on a new property - Rejected
    7/4 - Second and final offer made
    9/4 - Offer accepted
    9/4 - Phoned MA to advise of new property who tells me he didnt recieve the CC statement (even thoguh its in sentbox...) CC resent. New Address given. Money for Valuation taken.
    9/4 - Solicitors instructed on new property and they realyl hit the ground running! Highly recommend LPL Conveyancing.
    10/4 - Text from Quest to inform valuation had been instructed (different company from the last one)

And now th waiting game continues. My once beautiful hair is now littered with white and silver!

23/4 Phone call from EA to say that the survey still hadnt been booked and Vendor is contemplating putting it back on the market.

23/4 PHone MA to find out what the hell is going on. After some very angry phone calls and emails it turns out TSB had been phoning the wrong number for A WHOLE WEEK to book the survey and hadnt informed us of any issues.

24/4 MA Phones TSB to book valuation with new number. Valuation booked same day.
    25/4 Valuation booked for 1/5
    Slick88 wrote: »
    2/5 Valuation took place due to tenants moving out late
    4/5 Homebuyers report received and nothing unexpected :j:j:j

And now the wait for the Mortgage Offer as everything is suppose to have been underwritten already... but who knows with TSB? :o

Cautiously optimistic

ANNNNNNNDDDD the saga continues....

4/5 - Phonecall from the MA to say that TSB had the valuation but want a Damp & Timber survey as well as a Wall Ties survey... even though it had come in at value exactly as it is and it was only an advisory :(:(:(

4/5 - Phoned EA to inform them these were needed, they have a preferred contractor they use with no upfront costs so they went about arranging that for us...
    8/5 - Visit to the property to measure up and see it empty. It looks a lot roomier without the Tenants stuff in! EA advised us she'd spoken to the contractor and they would be coming on 9/5 to do the survey.
    8/5 - Phone cal lfrom MA to advise he is on holiday for 2 weeks as of 14/5 so hoping we can get this all wrapped up before hand... We are now on week 11 of the mortgage application I believe.

AVOID TSB LIKE THE PLAGUE!
  • SophieP2000
    SophieP2000 Posts: 22
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi all new to this thread but am also waiting for our mortgage offer so thought id wait with you all here's a time line below...

Coventry BS AIP approved 16/03 (hard credit check)
    Listed our house on the market 21/03
    Block viewings 24/03
    Hoise sold 26/04 (to first time buyers)
    AIP amount increased 04/04
    Offer accepted on house 04/04
    Full app submitted 09/04
    Gazumped on house :( 10/04
    Offer accepted on another house 29/04
    Full app submitted again 01/05
    Valuation instructed 02/05
    Valuation done 08/05

Havent heard anything from our broker and reluctant to chase at the moment!
    How has everyone else got on with Coventry BS and how long were u waiting for your mortgage offer?

Hoping not too much longer! !!!129310;!!!129310;:D:D
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    Still nothing from Santander as yet, arghhhh!! Valuation and documents have been with them since the 4th May for final assessment, further info requested on the 8th and my broker responded and it was passed back to underwriting immediately, and now nothing. Feeling tense still.
  • FTBlalala
    FTBlalala Posts: 71
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi, I have loved all these posts and really appreciate them.

Thought I'd add my experience as it was pretty smooth with Virgin Money arranged through free broker L&C which I've noticed has mixed reviews on here.

Way back in March, AIP with Halifax to start the house hunt, we are both FTB's. I will probably post the whole journey on the House buying thread as we are a few weeks from exchange (I hope!) but see below the mortgage side...

23/04 - Mortgage finder application submitted to L&C
    24/04 - L&C adviser phones me to discuss needs and wants
    25/04 - L&C provide first recommendation (ending up not being suitable - Clydesdale)
    26/04 - L&C provide second recommendation (ticks all boxes - Virgin Money)
    27/04 - Morning... Confirm we are happy via email and phone, full application submitted to Virgin Money
    30/04 - 10am ish - L&C Case tracking account set up and assigned Case Manager. Awaiting VM to confirm what docs needed.
    30/04 - 4pm ish - L&C Case Manager confirms docs needed and sends over DD mandate and declaration to fill out and sign. (Docs needed: Proof of H2B ISA deposit savings for each of us, proof of deposit in normal savings accounts, 3 x latest payslips for each of us, P60 for each of us, signed DD mandate, signed declaration and confirmation of chosen solicitor's)
    01/05 - Send all docs requested to L&C Case Manager.
    02/05 - Slight mix up with childcare/college fees category, no dependents not childcare, money in that category is for professional education ongoing.
    03/05 - Confirmed and resolved query
    04-07/05 - Even though it's early days, discover I am not as patient a person as I thought I was. Bank holiday weekend stressing me out :rotfl:
    09/05 - Email a polite nudge to Case Manager asking if the valuation has been booked as money has been taken.
    09/05 - Afternoon, Case Manager confirms valuation was done YESTERDAY (8/5) and she is going to chase tomorrow for an update and see if further docs are needed.
    10/05 - 6pm "Great News - your mortgage offer has been issued". :eek::rotfl::T anxiously awaiting the posted hard copy :T

Now just waiting on the solicitors..... boo :(

Keeping my fingers crossed for all those waiting!
    Bought First Home - June 2018 Starting £218,500 June 2020 £203,800.95 :T MFW 2020 #78 - Target £3000 - So far... £2182/£3000
    Ultimate Goal MFW by 40! - 2033
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    Received an update from my adviser: the underwriters are behind on cases :mad: and are currently on a 4-5 day turnaround so I should have an update by the end of next week.

Not sure my poor finger nails will hold out for much longer.
  • SophieP2000
    SophieP2000 Posts: 22
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi all new to this thread but am also waiting for our mortgage offer so thought id wait with you all here's a time line below...

Coventry BS AIP approved 16/03 (hard credit check)
    Listed our house on the market 21/03
    Block viewings 24/03
    Hoise sold 26/04 (to first time buyers)
    AIP amount increased 04/04
    Offer accepted on house 04/04
    Full app submitted 09/04
    Gazumped on house :( 10/04
    Offer accepted on another house 29/04
    Full app submitted again 01/05
    Valuation instructed 02/05
    Valuation done 08/05

Havent heard anything from our broker and reluctant to chase at the moment!
    How has everyone else got on with Coventry BS and how long were u waiting for your mortgage offer?

Hoping not too much longer! !!!129310;!!!129310;:D:D

Update on our case.... received an email from our mortgage advisor yesterday advising us that Coventry BS have come back and undervalued the property we are buying by 25k. We offered 350k which was the asking price (houses sell within days!) and they valued it at 325k.

We are in the process of trying to appeal, so stressed out! Please no comments saying count your blesses you aren't overpaying etc as I know we aren't ! I thought maybe we were overpaying by 5 to 10k max, but not 25k! the valuer they got in was not from the area, and I don't know what he based his findings on, and they won't supply us with a report. The last house sold 18 months ago for £330k, and this house in question was smaller as it didn't have a conservatory whereas ours does, yet they've valued it 5k less, and the house prices have increased in 18 months not decreased! so now we are stressing.

Requested mortgage advisor to fight our case to appeal the valuation, vendor isn't prepared to come down to 325k, we are arranging 3 further estate agent valuations and hoping this helps our case. Vendors are really lovely and have spoken to them direct, but they need the money for the house they purchasing. if the valuation is correct then they will have the same problem if they pull out, so something we all need to think about!

We already lost the first house we were buying as we got gazumped above and beyond what we could afford, we don't want to loose the 2nd one :( houses don't come up in the area we are looking at very often!!
  • saant22
    saant22 Posts: 5 Forumite
    helloo!

first time poster here, long time lurker.

we are FTB and are waiting a decision from Natwest.
    Fri 27th April reserved a new build, doing HTB.
    Fri 4th May submitted application via Broker.
    Tues 8th May funds for valuation taken.
    Weds 9th may, requested further 3 month pay slips.
    Thurs 10th May Valuation carried out.
    Fri (today) confirmation Valuation was ok and pay slips will be assed by COB Monday.

Today the sales manager called me to say they are starting to process the sale.

Does this all sound like things are moving in the right direction?!
  • JanetTee76
    JanetTee76 Posts: 17 Forumite
    I’m also waiting patiently on Coventry BS...
    Was hoping to have an answer today!
    Good luck!!!
  • JanetTee76
    JanetTee76 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Broker just called....

Mortgage offer issued at 16:55
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts