IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine for charging an electric car

Comments

• satchef1
    satchef1 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Had a reply from Chargemaster.

They've decided that it is indeed unreasonable for one of their partners to issue fines to CM customers without clear signage about usage restrictions. They are going to contact Novotel on my behalf to resolve the situation.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The whole thing is a b****y confusing mess but that's just how a PPC likes it!
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Had a reply from Chargemaster.

They've decided that it is indeed unreasonable for one of their partners to issue fines to CM customers without clear signage about usage restrictions. They are going to contact Novotel on my behalf to resolve the situation.

Excellent - please keep us informed. Chase hotel in a few days to see what is happening. The charge isn't csncelled till PE confirm it though.

If you look at ZapMap, it says that this charger is free, but a Leaf using the site in November had some trouble and had to use the 3-pin charger but had to pay the parking fee that was £3 6 months ago.
  • satchef1
    They seem to have changed their parking set-up recently. Google Street View shows a barrier and ticket system. I'm not sure how new the ANPR system is. Could be that I'm the first to be caught.

I've prepared a response to ParkingEye. I may adapt it and send it further up the tree to Novotel first as my last email to the hotel has gone unanswered. Chances are, the people at the hotel end who can deal with PE aren't the ones who I've been emailing.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    satchef1 wrote: »

I've prepared a response to ParkingEye..

Be careful what you say to PE

Why not follow the advice here on how to appeal - it's tried and tested!

Read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

You don't have to drive an ICE car to use the template appeal!
  • satchef1
    Victory.
    Novotel wrote:
    Good Afternoon,

In regards to your previous email I would firstly like to make it clear that we do not require payment for the use of our Polar charging stations from external guests, However I would like to underline that as clearly stated on the photo I sent you – That it is your duty of care to ensure that you register your car at reception.

However on this occasion as a gesture of good will, I am willing to request a cancellation of the fine from Parking Eye.

In order to process this request I will require a copy of the fine that you received.

I'm not sure I agree on the "as clearly stated on the sign" bit. But at least I'm off the hook. One to remember next time. :beer:
  • Quentin
    Good news

But keep on with the appeals procedure until you have confirmation from PE they cancelled
  • satchef1
    Will do.

Can I assume from that comment that further problems aren't unheard of?
  • Quentin
    PE do usually do as asked by retailers etc

It's just belt and braces to follow the appeals procedure in case you miss a deadline and they don't cancel leaving you with having the hassle of possible legal action to deal with
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    satchef1 wrote: »
    Will do.

Can I assume from that comment that further problems aren't unheard of?

You assume correct. remember you are dealing with a greedy PPC that has no real interest in managing parking, being reasonable or fair, that doesn't make them the millions they so desperately desire to meet their targets or to satisfy their shareholders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure