Car Sales - Fraud

13»

Comments

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    weejangus wrote: »
    You know something, a smiley would've completely changed the way I read your comment. I apologise for misinterpreting what you said. Initially, I thought it was sarcasm at the OP's expense which is why I reacted the way I did - a similar thing happened to me on my first post (along with the usual "You're a newbie therefore must be Dark Matter"). It almost put me off returning.

Both yourself and Jim are well established forum members and your comments within the forum are usually very helpful and well meaning. Thanks for clearing that up, I can enjoy the forum again! :beer:

That’s true and we all know you haven’t been him for ages. ;)
  • P2P
    P2P Posts: 37 Forumite
    There was a stipulated timeframe for the repairs yes and this was not met, hence asking for the deposit back.
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    The title to this thread is "car sales-fraud"
    The seller of the car took a deposit for a vehicle and stated that certain work would be carried out before the car was collected and paid for in full.
    This work wasn't carried out and as it appears to be the case that the seller isn't refunding the deposit then I see it as a clear case of fraud.

It's not fraud. It's breach of contract ie a civil matter hence why the OP has issued proceedings in a CIVIL COURT. Do you think the Police will be interested in such a matter?
  • weejangus
    weejangus Posts: 111 Forumite
    It’s not all about what you believe. Others have their beliefs too.

I was responding to your question about "having anything useful to add to the thread" (which, incidentally, was not a very useful contribution). I simply advised you that I believe my comment to have been relevant and useful to the OP - therefore answering your question. Why are you trying to twist my words by insinuating I am only concerned about my own beliefs? I never made an issue of what others believe - each to their own.
    If you have an issue report anything you find that contradicts your beliefs and don't derail the thread.

...says that guy that has, again, derailed the thread. At least my post also addressed the OP's issue - more than you've done by the way.

This has never been about anyone contradicting anyone else's beliefs. This was about sticking up for a new member and we have already established that previous comments were made in good humour however could have been interpreted as sarcasm at the OP's expense.

Maybe try reading the comments in full and in context next time before making wrong assumptions. ;)
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Warwick_Hunt Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    weejangus wrote: »
    I was responding to your question about "having anything useful to add to the thread" (which, incidentally, was not a very useful contribution). I simply advised you that I believe my comment to have been relevant and useful to the OP - therefore answering your question. Why are you trying to twist my words by insinuating I am only concerned about my own beliefs? I never made an issue of what others believe - each to their own.

...says that guy that has, again, derailed the thread. At least my post also addressed the OP's issue - more than you've done by the way.

This has never been about anyone contradicting anyone else's beliefs. This was about sticking up for a new member and we have already established that previous comments were made in good humour however could have been interpreted as sarcasm at the OP's expense.

Maybe try reading the comments in full and in context next time before making wrong assumptions. ;)

Maybe you should apply to moderate the board.
  • P2P
    Just to let you all know, we won our MCOL claim plus interest and then initially didn't get paid

I requested a warrant and he finally dropped off a cheque which now cleared.

Just a shame he couldn't have done this in the first place.

Can we name Garages here (this Forum) so others are aware and careful to avoid any further issues in the future?
  • Name&shame if there is a problem MSE will remove it.
    Well done on the result.
  • P2P
    Any digs or opinions aside I won my case and not only did I get my money back but the interest set daily as he failed to respond so judgement was entered and a warrant issued. He choked and paid up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure