IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Six year old ticket

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    prior to oct 2012 they could only go after the driver , POFa changed that if they complied with rules they could then chase the keeper

so do not tell them who was driving
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • I sent it 1st class signed for post Thinking aloud, could I get that intercepted? Probably not
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Of course you can't be expected to recall who parked a car six years ago...unless you appealed at the time and told them who was driving?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I allegedly received 6 years ago., and that £262 is payable by me.This was the first knowledge I have of this and have no recollection of it even happening.

hopefully the conversation with BW did not extact any further info from you
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    youdontsay wrote: »
    Yes Ive posted it today. To my shame I didnt keep a copy, but the details of what I said in the letter are in my original post
    Did you fill in and return the N9B (Defence and Counterclaim) form as well?

If so, what, if anything, did you put in the Defence box?
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Of course you can't be expected to recall who parked a car six years ago...unless you appealed at the time and told them who was driving?

No Ive had no contact with them, as they had no contact with me until a week ago.

Should they not send their paperwork out by 'signed for' post, as non-delivery, as in this case, could be very costly to the general public?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Should they not send their paperwork out by 'signed for' post, as non-delivery, as in this case, could be very costly to the general public?

You seem to be missing a point.

Why would any of these scam parking companies worry at all about being 'very costly to the general public'?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    No, they don't have to. Glad you never received anything,and therefore they have no idea who was driving. Great! They have NO CASE against you but you will have to play the game and defend.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP wrote: »
    Did you fill in and return the N9B (Defence and Counterclaim) form as well?

If so, what, if anything, did you put in the Defence box?

Yes I filled in the N9B form In the defence box I wrote the details as above, stating that this was the first correspondence I have received from them, and that I have no recollection of parking there, being six years ago. And requested that they send me the evidence
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    No Ive had no contact with them, as they had no contact with me until a week ago.

they were actually hoping you had moved , then gone for a default CCJ , with lots of costs added on

you would have had to pay £255 to get it set aside or pay them

defaults are very common , a random 10 cases at court today look!

http://www.bmpa.eu/court.html
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills