Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• mica2
    mica2 Posts: 66 Forumite
    I'm very pleased to update everyone that our claim was accepted by CEDR! They agreed that the delay caused by adverse weather was a knock on delay to a previous flight and that EJ didn't do enough to avoid the delay. I'm so happy and wanted to thank everyone who helped me with this.
    I'm really surprised Gorie was declined though as I'm pretty sure your claim was similar to mine as EJ sent us someone else's claim by mistake which was the same as Gorie's flight. i'd definitely dispute it or go through no win no fee.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well done mica. Silly silly EJ.
    Any update Gorie?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :beer:Well done mica2:beer:

It gives everyone else some hope.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Good to hear CEDR found in your favour mica2 and sorry that they didn't in your case Gorie.

I previously posted (see here) about my flight delay (similar circumstances to mica2 and Gorie) and received helpful guidance. EasyJet denied my claim so I took it to CEDR and EJ have now filed a defence.

I'd really appreciate if someone had the time to read through it and provide their thoughts. If you can do this please reply and I'll send you a link to it once I've uploaded it to (probably) Dropbox.

On a more general note, EJ failed to meet the deadline for providing their defence and added it to the portal the next day. Any thoughts on this?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    knack - the delay in submitting happens, airlines abuse systems, whether it be passengers rights, the law, ADRs and the courts.
    Don't let it distract you but if you can point it out to CEDR as typical of their disdain for your complaint/claim it won't do any harm.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    knack92 wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate if someone had the time to read through it and provide their thoughts. If you can do this please reply and I'll send you a link to it once I've uploaded it to (probably) Dropbox.

If you can provide a link we will give you our opinions. They are often filled with waffle to confuse.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 December 2017 at 4:10PM
    JPears wrote: »
    knack - the delay in submitting happens, airlines abuse systems, whether it be passengers rights, the law, ADRs and the courts.
    Don't let it distract you but if you can point it out to CEDR as typical of their disdain for your complaint/claim it won't do any harm.

Thanks. It was my plan to mention it at some point in my response.
    Tyzap wrote: »
    If you can provide a link we will give you our opinions. They are often filled with waffle to confuse.

Good luck.

Yeah I've read it twice now and from my layman point of view would say there is a lot of waffle in it.

I'll send you a link to the file.
  • mica2
    mica2 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Thanks everyone! Good Luck Knack92! If I can help anyway I'll try. I just looked at what someone else wrote on here recently and just reworded it slightly. Kept it factual and just argued that the knock on delay wasn't an extraordinary circumstance like they kept insisting. Just stand your ground and try to pick holes in their argument.
  • Faro to Liverpool delayed 7 hours 15mins yesterday ( Dec 18 ) Made a claim this morning and got almost immediate response form Easy jet agreeing to the compensation. No issue at all, well done Easyjet!
  • Tyzap
    Faro to Liverpool delayed 7 hours 15mins yesterday ( Dec 18 ) Made a claim this morning and got almost immediate response form Easy jet agreeing to the compensation. No issue at all, well done Easyjet!

Hi Sebring3500,

Thats very unusual, someone at EJ must have been full of Christmas spirit.

Please let us know when your compensation hits your account.

Good luck.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback