Windows update warning

Guys, my laptop has just finished doing a Windows update. It took over two hours! I'm so glad I did it at the end of the day, when I'd finished comping. The good thing is, it did warn me it would be a long one, and gave me options to reschedule it for when I wanted it to run.

Blu X
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apology
THIS IS ME!

Comments

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    My last windows update failed & I lost the use of my keyboard & mouse-had to use recovery & lost all my favourites & comp folders!:eek:
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Blueyez wrote: »
    My last windows update failed & I lost the use of my keyboard & mouse-had to use recovery & lost all my favourites & comp folders!:eek:

Ouch! That would hurt, lots. Sometimes it feels like Microsoft are Big Brother. We have very little say in what they choose to do to our computers, and no recourse at all when what they do messes up.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • Blulu wrote: »
    Ouch! That would hurt, lots. Sometimes it feels like Microsoft are Big Brother. We have very little say in what they choose to do to our computers, and no recourse at all when what they do messes up.

Blu X

You could always use a different operating system.
  • Yes my laptop which is essentially my entertainment centre/spare did that update yesterday, seems okay afterwards though, I wonder when the main one will launch into it.
  • Skilos
    Skilos Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Windows Updates have always given me more trouble than any virus ever has. I had to run System Restore after this latest update kept crashing my laptop. Today I've also spent hours on tech support sites after the probably not coincidental matter of my wireless connectivity suddenly disabling.
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    just had the dreaded update, took just over an hour!:eek:
    2018 wins-12wins
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business