PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th December 2017

Options

Comments

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Jojo.. it is illegal to pick up a pheasant you have just splatted.. you can pick it up if someone else did the grizzly deed.. otherwise it is classed as poaching.. Deer you can pick up if your car is still safe to drive. My friend regularly scrapes roads for lunch

Only if somebody spots you hitting it and picking it up.

Help me...

The guitar daughter.. I got her a pruple thing she will love.. with accessories.. now Lidl have a keyboard in for £90.. do I get her that too???? She can play she just doesn't because I made CF take the enormous old one he got from goodness knows where back to his as we had no room.. It is her birthday on the 19th so I need to cover that too.. She asked me for a guitar cover last night lol.

Twinkle is running about starkers... she loves being naked.. she dashes around squealing and rubbing her tummy.

Depends on what keyboard it is - Make and model number, as they are often there because they're about 5 years behind what you could get for a tenner or so extra somewhere else or don't have weighted keys. A stand specifically made for it and a stool, plus a sustain pedal would also help, as would knowing whether you can just USB it into a laptop for editing.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lynne (((HUGS))) how worrying for you; Mr LW has been out of work through a contract coming to an end (he was self-employed back then) but neither of us has experienced an employer going into administration. Posi-vibes by the bucket-load for you. x
    Has anyone else been looking at the Simplifying Life thread? It has given me a lot of food for thought x
    Yes, I've been posting on there - just waiting for *someone* to give me a hard time,though.:cool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

Gym, paid stuff and Christmas shopping with my Mum done. The main focus was to get her sorted but I did manage one or two stocking fillers for mine too. Shattered now.

Keep saying that I will write a to do list but keep putting it off. Might go and do that now. Tomorrow's priority is getting a VAT return submitted, I have left it until the very last day!!!

Pigpen I need to do the cheapy shop run too. Little boxes of branded chocs for £1 etc, good way of padding out pressies.

But no more tonight x
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    scrap that.. she is awake and screaming already.. *cry*

Off topic, but fantastic to see you posting again xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good evening everyone :wave:

Tonight I blitzed my bedroom and then I put on some Christmas tunes and finally decorated my tree. I might just be ready in time for my royal (mum) visit this weekend.

:xmastree:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've been reading the Simpler Life thread too. After having a massive clear out of my flat it really hit home just how much money I have wasted buying crap I don't really want and don't need. If that's the damage I can two in a small two bedroom flat just imagine what I could do with a whole house to myself. :)
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks a million for the kind words and support everyone - it really helps feeling people care.

DH has an appointment at the JC for Saturday morning. I managed to get him signed into the on-line job search thing they insist you join and found the latest copy of his CV. Job for tomorrow is to amend with latest developments and upload to site, plus a copy for Saturday.

His monthly pay is really complicated as he is paid all sorts of different allowances and overtime according to hours/times worked. He has been paid basic for November but all these extras are always paid a month in arrears. 'Phoned his HR to see if they could help, as have to put on claim form as owing, but they will have to look into it and I have to 'phone again tomorrow.

Windows are confirmed as going to be replaced this Friday - definitely. So looking like we'll freeze as it's forecast to be coldest day of the year so far :rotfl:

Dailies done
    Spanish lessons done
    Have given the bathroom a good clean
    Checked all the bank accounts and done the monies shuffle
    Last of damp washing finishing drying atm - rest put away or folded for ironing
    Christmas cards started
    Kitchen all put to bed

Flying tomorrow will be dailies and then getting ready for windows. They will be turning up, ready to start, at 8.00am so want to get sorted tomorrow.

Hugs, sticks and spoons as needed
    Hope you all have a great Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pigpen I need to do the cheapy shop run too. Little boxes of branded chocs for £1 etc, good way of padding out pressies.

All was great until I asked DD3 what she wanted for christmas for the 90th time.. a ukelele she says... £15 bargain and jobs a good un.
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Off topic, but fantastic to see you posting again xx

drivelling the same old rhubarb!! lol
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2017 at 9:18AM
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs to everyone.
    Sorry I didn't get in yesterday, I was In Work all morning as we had shared staff between two schools because of the staff at other school my friend/governor colleague worked at needing to go to her funeral. Sad day I opted to go in work as others knew her better than me and it was fairer to allow them time for funeral and still keep school going. Afternoon sister came round then in evening I had the joy that is age related bowel cancer screening. Not the most dignified of precedures but I got the all clear apart from being told I have diverticulitis but given a rather confusing leaflet and told it's nothing to worry about. I follow pretty much all the advice anyway so not changing my diet any more as plant based, wholefood and veggie is what I'm happy with.

Today I'm in work all day and have afterschool so won't be around till evening and will try to catch up then.
    Have a good day all x
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning ladies :)

Lynne - so happy your windows are finally being done tomorrow :j

Kiddies away to school/pre-school, beds made and DW has just finished. I have also walked the dog and now enjoying a :coffee:

It is really windy here, and forecast to be veerrry cold tomorrow. For now I am staying put, but I must go volunteering in an hour. Venison pie and roasties for tea which I am very much looking forward to. Right, off to hoover and mop the kitchen floor.

Have fab days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport