I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Verbatim wrote: »
    Is gym air conditioned? Will be fine if so.

Good question. I would imagine so. However waiting for buses and walking around in this heat is a bit much. On Saturday I waited over 20 mins for a bus in poole . Not impressed .
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm off to the gym tonight AC, why don't you go this evening once it's cooled down
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Good point Anna . It's not gonna cool down that much .
    I think it's best to start the routine properly and do it when it's not gonna be so busy .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Just walked up to the shops. I'm back and staying in .
    Still , I feel better than this time last year ( obviously ):)
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just walked up to the shops. I'm back and staying in .
    Still , I feel better than this time last year ( obviously ):)

Thank goodness for your Dyson fan - hope you're getting good use out of it!
  • another_casualty
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    Thank goodness for your Dyson fan - hope you're getting good use out of it!

Just using it today for the first time :) it's pretty groovy .
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Slight rethink ..it is way too hot ! Madness starting something in this heat. Postponed till weds/ Thursday .

Excellent idea - I know you are desperate to get started but today is so not the right day. Maybe a nice stroll on the beach early evening when it cools down a bit. Find a nice sea front bar or cafe, have supper and a drink whilst you watch the sunset. Thats what I would be doing if I lived by the coast.

As it is I am really enjoying my Derbyshire Mini Break in this glorious weather. I am treating it as a holiday. Yes I know that now I'm retired life is one long holiday:rotfl: but I'm using the heatwave as a perfect excuse for a "staycation" - just "chillin".......

I have gone all "Mediterranean", currently reclining in a nice shady spot in the garden, food and drink a few steps away, books and magazines at the ready or maybe I might just snooze.

Lunch will be anti pasti, cold meats, olives etc. Dinner will be "Frutta del Mare" with salad. Fruit for snacks. Tonight cider for DS2 and a couple of G&Ts for me.

Ok - no beach but no sweltering in a traffic jam either - in fact a perfect "staycation".:D
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Glad you're making the most of it LL:)
    How did the viewing go ?
    I'm staying put today . James is coming tomorrow , a day earlier than expected . I have to try and make room for him to put wardrobe up. He is coming again on Friday when another chest of drawers is delivered. The place is still like steptoes backyard . Hopefully within the next 2 weeks everything will be in order.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ok. So A complete rethink and change of plan. :rotfl:

I don't know if I mentioned it but DS2s relationship with his girlfriend has now gone into "serious" mode and they are starting to think about "plighting their troth". ;). I'm dead chuffed because she is lovely.

Anyway they are ready to move in together so to make things nice and simple I am going to buy his house so they are free to get cracking, then sell her house, then buy one together.

It will speed things up, save both of us shed loads of money in fees, surveys etc. I love this house, its starting to look really good, just a few final tweaks and flourishes. The area is being gentrified as we speak so there is still plenty of growth left for me to make a nice little profit when I come to sell. Probably next year or around 18 months time.

It can never be a forever house for me because it has a very steep staircase and a flight of deep steps to the front door......your classic Victorian town house. It is starting to look very chic and elegant, the garden is maturing nicely, the neighbours are great and it's just a £5 taxi ride into the city centre if I don't feel like driving.

The only real drawback is that it only has on street parking but it's not metered and I always manage to park outside my. OK I wouldnt risk a nice shiny new Mercedes but I'm still happy with my little Ford Fiesta and it's good for another couple of years yet.

My MRI scan for my knee is booked for Saturday. Actually it doesn't feel too bad at the moment so hopefully the damage isn't too bad and I can go with a more conservative cure of steroid injections and Physio rather than having to go the surgical route. Keeping my fingers crossed.

A lot cooler today, much more comfortable so going to paint a couple of chairs outside.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Sounds good LL :)

Still hot today, but tomorrow will be cooler and Thursday onwards everything will be bearable again . Had James around this morning .
    He built a chest of drawers . Slight dent not noticeable , but he will complain to the supplier . The suppliers have been slow in delivering the wardrobe and Othet chest of drawers . I had a horrible job of reshuffling stuff around trying to make space amongst the rubble.

James will be back next weds. He says he could get rid of most of my stuff that I'm dying to throw out . I will hang on .
    The flat will eventually be great . It's just the storage issues.
    We were scratching our heads today when I was telling James that in the small gas room, there was a bunk bed and 2 children living there .
    I somehow don't think it was a couple . Then you have me , a single person having to dump stuff. I'm ok with that , but am getting a little frustrated and want to feel settled. The bathroom is truly amazing compared to what it was. Kitchen much improved. It's just the stuff scattered everywhere that's the problem . I'll get there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure