I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• irishjohn
    irishjohn Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi AC - dentures are cheaper but still costly. I had to wear a denture a long time ago after a fall from a ladder - I was told the shape of my upper teeth wouldn't cope with a bridge and after about 10 years I came across a dentist who said I could get a bridge. I have now had that bridge nearly 30 years and I have to tell you the price difference is worth the benefits of a bridge as opposed to a denture. So in my mind that would be money well spent.
    John
  • Hi John . Thanks for that :)
    The way things were going, I was wondering if it was a bridge too far:)' Glad you got sorted in the end .
    I mentioned earlier how I lost the initial tooth. However , it is next to two front teeth that are capped . That happened when I was playing football as a 16 year old . I fell into a goalpost . Everyone's different and what works with one person won't work with another .
    Life I guess :)
  • So today , I went to d w fitness in branksome and am now a member.
    I have decided to start on Monday . Just had my last cod & chips for some time . I am now officially the fattest and heaviest I have ever been in my life . I won't step onto my new bathroom scales until Monday morning . This also means less visits to the coffee shops etc
    Having said that, I have been going there less anyway due to one thing or another.
    It's got very close outside, but I'm now home :)
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Good news on the gym membership AC :D

I go at least twice a week, I find it really does help me with my physical and psychological fitness

Look forward to reading about your progress
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Good news on the gym membership AC :D

I go at least twice a week, I find it really does help me with my physical and psychological fitness

Look forward to reading about your progress

Thank you sir :)
    I used to love doing it . It's gonna take time .( a lot longernow I'm in in my mid '50s) . I'll turn up and see what happens :)
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hey congratulations AC - do they have a scale machine at the gym? My gym has a Boditrax machine, it measures EVERYTHING which was scary first time but great to see progress.
    This may sound silly but look for a weight/measurement tracker app for your phone, put your numbers in this weekend and then weight weekly and measurements monthly - I think it'll help you psychologically
  • Thanks Anna :)
    I may not look for the machine in the gym, incase I break it.
    We'll see :)
  • Just had 4 ciders ( I thought it was 3) . The troubles I have are a) I love good company and get too comfortable too easy .b) this poxy myasthenia gravis makes me slur my speech too much and make me seem somewhat !!!!!! . I'm a quiet man but this is annoying.

Apart from that , I have news tomorrow that will shock myself and folk on here that know the score .
    Tomorrow morning, I will weigh myself for the first time in absolutely ages. I will let you know what that is . As you all know, I'm an open book at times , The positives from this are that I have to sort the remainder of my life out that I didn't do in 6 months. In a way I've done a lot , in a way I could've done more. Tomorrow is when I go to the gym and hopefully start the ball rolling and sort out my appearance and health. The first obstacle is swiping my pass through the glass doors without breaking or damaging them . Bad news about tomorrow - high temperatures . Having said that, I couldve been working in a suit in the middle of London . The bull by the horns will be grabbed ( gently as I like animals ):)
  • Slight rethink ..it is way too hot ! Madness starting something in this heat. Postponed till weds/ Thursday .
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Is gym air conditioned? Will be fine if so.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure