B&Q Over 60's 10% Discount Card - changes

13»

Comments

• greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Nasty. :( You were damn lucky to gave the discount on any day and some might say that you didn't deserve it.

The lovely staff in our local B&Q used to do the discount on any day until about a year ago. We were always grateful to them

......................:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Richmc
    Richmc Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My wife has just got one of these B&Q discount cards, I've been reading the terms and conditions and was amassed, there seem to be more things you can't claim the discount for that you can, a complete waste of time.
  • zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Richmc wrote: »
    My wife has just got one of these B&Q discount cards, I've been reading the terms and conditions and was amassed, there seem to be more things you can't claim the discount for that you can, a complete waste of time.

Agreed, no point in buying that paint or those shelves, kitchen flooring, lighting, wallpaper or bathroom suite.
    I might just as well sit in the back garden with a beer until the football starts.
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • zygurat789 wrote: »
    Is this being done by the checkout operative or is it programmed into tghe tills and self service points?

It has to be done manually. We have just moved & went to B&Q to buy another kitchen cupboard and accessories to match the existing kitchen. Waited until the Wednesday specifically to use hubby's card. Went through the self service (no normal tills open !!) and the assistant came running over huffing and puffing that we couldn't use the card on kitchen items. We had to do two transactions as we had other things in the trolley.

Presumably if it was busy then you could get through the self service tills without them spotting.
    Ditch 100 in January Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in February Challenge 114/100
    Ditch 100 in March Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in April Challenge 75/100
  • Quite surprised at the lack of reaction on here to B&Q enforcing the full t&c's of the Diamond Card ie no discount on already discounted items, no discount on bulk buying, no discount on special offers!
    Used to be that whatever you could carry out of B&Q on a Wednesday got a 10% discount but that definetly is not the case now!
    Wickes and Screwfix are nearer, not sure why I bothered going to B&Q!
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Screwfix which owned by kingfisher which also owns B&Q are a lot cheaper (20-90%) than B&Q and often sells B&Q products.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • I keep a B&Q gift card that I can top-up at a 10% discount. Using it is like using cash. I try to use the old-gits 10% card with my gift card on Wednesdays to get approx 20% off.

I needed a replacement Ryobi battery for my cordless one-battery-fits-many-tools drill, saw, etc. Retail is about £75 and googling couldn't get me a cheaper price anywhere, so I bought using the ~20% off and saved a lot. The new battery is excellent in use and lasts ages before needing a recharge.

Another tool I wanted was a basin wrench. B&Q had one for £15 or so. After I had finished laughing, I checked the price on Toolstation (they sold Screwfix to B&Q, then re-opened under a new name) and got my basin wrench for between £2-£3, so I didn't botther trying to use my 20% discount for that item.

The 10% off top-up on the gift card is via one of those many loyalty/work related employee benefits type web companies, this one is called rewards gateway (or used to be, may have changed, but I top-up my B&Q, ASDA, and Sainsbury gift cards - latter at 5% off) so I would think others may be able to get similar benefits.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure