Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    taffy056
    Diesel Particulate Filter
    • 24th Dec 11, 4:57 PM
    Diesel Particulate Filter 24th Dec 11 at 4:57 PM
    Hiya guys,

I have a Mazda 6 turbo diesel and the DPF light and management light has come on, its a high miler 85k on a 57 plate, I have run over it 2000 rpm for quite a few miles and its not cleared with regeneration, and was wondering my next step with this.

I was thinking of having it taken out and the ecu reprogrammed , but its expensive at about £500 , there are quite a few people selling snakeoil that claims all sort of things. The garages are saying thousands to replace the thing.

Anyone got an alternative ? Thanks and Happy Christmas
Page 3
    • cepheus
    • By cepheus 13th Jun 12, 8:56 AM
    • 19,216 Posts
    • 20,337 Thanks
    cepheus
    Diesel fumes cause cancer, says WHO

Official label of 'carcinogen' means exhaust emissions should be treated in same league as passive smoking or UV radiation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18415532
    • Indout96
    • By Indout96 13th Jun 12, 11:07 AM
    • 1,880 Posts
    • 2,672 Thanks
    Indout96
    VW 2.0 TDI engine (although it's the CR version rather than the old PD engine, the newer engine has less trouble with the DPF so far due to a better design)
    Thats good to read, I had no Idea what the CR stood for.
    Understeer is when the front of the car hits the wall.
    Oversteer is when the back of the car hits the wall
    BHP is how fast you hit the wall
    Torque is how far you take the wall after you hit it.
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 13th Jun 12, 12:07 PM
    • 2,519 Posts
    • 1,682 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    Thats good to read, I had no Idea what the CR stood for.
    Originally posted by Indout96
    CR = Common Rail, this is the newer engine which was designed with the DPF in mind as well as being smoother and a bit more efficient than the older engine. PD = Pumpe Düse which is the older version of the engine, both the older and newer engines are the same capacity and power output for the two litre engine (or very similar at least) so to distinguish the two the CR or PD is sometimes added.

John
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,559Posts Today

4,525Users online

Martin's Twitter