how about a M.S.E. TV programme

hi martin on my way to work this morning i was thinking (which was quite good in itself) about all the money i have manage to save since i cottened on to you and your book. well how about a tv programme of maybe 6 episodes to start with, where you help out mr and mrs average with a typical money saving scheme and follow their progress from start to finish. also you could throw in the best buy for the week, best deal of the week, best offer for the week. i could see revenue flowing in as companys would clamber to get thier product across to the millions watching. with all the makeover programmes on tv at the moment (garden, house, clothes) why not have a money makeover programme too. i honestly believe this would be a must watch show so how about it martin , what say ye? Anyone else think this woould work or not? ;D
ALWAYS A PLEASURE AND NEVER A CHORE

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    All I will say is ..... if only

I've been trying for two years - keep your fingers crossed things in the pipeline but it ain't easy and not even close to definite
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • dark_star_3
    dark_star_3 Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    best of luck..I for one would tune in ;D
    I'm only here for the banter
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    If it was a 'reality' format, you'd get the programme no problem.

I could just see Martin in the mentor role as he tries to mould a dozen raw recruit money savers.

All you've got to do is ensure that one of the dozen is young, female, pretty with a liverpudlian accent........then you know who the winner will be.

I'm too cynical. ::)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    I would rather a straight forward programme where Martin gives out advice.

I can imagine you now Martin trying to ramble your way through everything in half an hour! lol

Good thing about it though, there would be no one to interupt you if it was live!!

Or you could have your own chat show! "Lewis"
  • baldyjunior
    baldyjunior Posts: 40 Forumite
    i can't see why they won't take this concept on. its such an easy formet for someone like you martin and you just know people would pick up on this programme, but i suppose the downside of it would be as soon as you show the loopholes and the ways round things that the companys would get wise to it and shut the things down etc, so as much as i love preaching money saving ideas to my friends and family now maybe its better its kept kinda underground, all the same t.v would be good. thanks for the reply anyway Martin and good luck with it. :)
    ALWAYS A PLEASURE AND NEVER A CHORE
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    I know i am abit late reading this thread,but i also think it is a great idea for Martin to have his own show and i am sure their will be plenty of people tuned in. Do you need help do you want us to start a petition or something like that ???.
    It would give them a push for you would'nt it :)
  • mrtickle
    mrtickle Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I note that "Your Money or Your Life", the BBC2 programme with Alvin Hall which is normally on during May/June, seems to have vanished this year. Perhaps the TV companies think there isn't an audience for this type of programme any more? :(
  • Ally
    Ally Posts: 5,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I didn't like 'your money or your life', that Alvin guy annoyed me with his laugh. I would love to watch such a programe with all Martins and our money saying tips - it would be fun, maybe some of the MSE site users could go on to say how much they saved "you too can be great like me - because you're worth it!" ;D ;D ;D I do agree with the previous post about there being a downside - companies cathing etc

Now Martin would do a great job, he is so much easier on the ear .... easier on the eye too ...... candy ;)
    I can say whatever I like here ... 'cos no one can see me .. ner ner ner ner ner !!!....

How do you know I ain't sitting here butt naked?!?!

I thunk I've made you think for a minute!
    :j :rotfl: :j
  • mrtickle
    mrtickle Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I remember now that Dead Ringers really took the p out of Alvin and all his props (this cake is your income, let me cut a slice etc)!
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If it was a 'reality' format, you'd get the programme no problem.

I could just see Martin in the mentor role as he tries to mould a dozen raw recruit money savers.

All you've got to do is ensure that one of the dozen is young, female, pretty with a liverpudlian accent........then you know who the winner will be.

IVE GOT A LIVERPUDLIAN ACCENT

and im female

errm

thats it really

;D

I'm too cynical. ::)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income