Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions

Options

Comments

• Rachelle_2
    Rachelle_2 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Martin-san,

Saw you on the new Kilroy substitute show this morning: "Now You're Talking" with that guy from BBC's "Watchdog" programme.

I felt that the show was too short to do you any justice. It didn't do anyone any justice, as it only skimmed the surface of various issues with no resolution nor solutions offered.

Guess it's too much to wish for a UK version of Oprah Winfrey on British television? If the show format was done in the same style Oprah does, it would be a far more productiive, educational and inspiring program.

You looked well and healthy though. That's good to see.

I've ordered your book, by the way. Good luck with everything!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi there Martin
    Just to say how impressed I was with your radio 2 broadcast on the Jermery Vine show today.You gave him just as much as he gave you!!! Well Done
    Feeling inspired to look at my money situation I will now be buying your book and visiting the site
    Thanks for waking me up !!!
    Sue x
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you very much.  I do enjoy appearing on  Jeremy Vine.  Personally i think he is an extremely talented presenter - and very engaging when you are a guest - so its easy to perform well there.  We get on pretty well (i think its my fourth time - so still don't know each other that well yet) - and that helps a lot too.

Hope the site and the book give you a fit financial future  ;D
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • petesellit
    petesellit Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    On good form today telling it like it is about the new C/C that says it can help to pay school fees. Keep it going Martain I think you must be saveing a lot of people fron a lot of sharks.
  • ED
    ED Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    Martin Lewis talking about "5 things we hate about banks" on this past Friday's Jeremy Vine Show on Radio 2 can be heard via the BBC website. (Sadly, the recording will apparently be replaced by the next Jeremy Vine show, due Monday early-afternoon.) Here's the link to the banking discussion :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/moreinfo.shtml

Select "LISTEN AGAIN TO THIS SHOW" (purple background, under Jeremy Vine's photo. Suggestion : it may be best not to surf whilst using the Listen Again facility (sometimes computers crash, if overburdened).

The interview commences 1 hr 5 mins after the beginning of the recording, so repeatedly select "15 mins" (or "5 mins") to fast forward that amount of time – coloured red, towards top-left of pop-up, directly under "Radio 2" logo.

Agree or disagree with an opinion expressed by Martin Lewis in the radio show?

Perhaps it can be debated in the new thread, linked here :

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Money;action=display;num=1084051854;start=0
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just listened to Martin on the Jeremy Vine show - thanks Ed, I didn't know you could listen to a recording of the show.  He's always on TV or radio when I'm at work.  I reckon it's a conspiracy or something ;D

I would like to know what would happen if I said to my bank (or a shop) "Well I know my rights, Martin Lewis, MSE, told me"

I don't have any probs with anyone at the mo, it might come in handy in the future though ;D

By the way, Co-op bank have their own probs? I'm worried now, I'm with them
    Bulletproof
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    Options
    I suppose if you hear Martin on the radio you know what to expect - money saving stuff(!); there's some strange stuff on the radio at this time of night though as I found out as I rewound my tape on the way back home. I find a lot of these radio people sound like Martin, this one did a bit tonight but he was on about football hooligans.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • scattycat_3
    scattycat_3 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    Twas HE fran talking about a nasty event that happened to him on a train when he stood up to some yobo's.

Regards scat ;)

You can listen to it again by gointo site and replaying from around 1157 last night.http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/
    Moi....? ;)

Martin asked me to say I'm a volunteer Board Guide on the Utilities board, facilitating its smooth running. I can move & change posts there. However I do not read every post.
    Dealing with abusive or illegal posts is not part of my role, so if you spot any, please report them HERE.
    Views I express are mine alone, and not official ones of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    Options
    I did know Scat! Only joking. Why would I want to listen again? Is there no escape from this moneysaving world?!!!! ;)
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • scattycat_3
    scattycat_3 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    Dooohhhhyhhhh :-[

Sorry Fran that's what happens when you escape from solitary detention, suffering from mse/a withdrawal symptoms. ::) ;)
    Moi....? ;)

Martin asked me to say I'm a volunteer Board Guide on the Utilities board, facilitating its smooth running. I can move & change posts there. However I do not read every post.
    Dealing with abusive or illegal posts is not part of my role, so if you spot any, please report them HERE.
    Views I express are mine alone, and not official ones of MoneySavingExpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure