Outdoor aerial and booster to indoors

Hi
We are in the highlands of Scotland and get no signal reception indoor on 3 or ee but outdoors about 10yards/meters from the building we get 1bar on ee and up the road, about 200 yards as the crow flies, we get 4 bars. We are very rural, not many buildings at all. I am looking for an aerial to fit outdoors and a booster and possible repeaters to boost my signal indoors, so i can use my phone on 4g indoors and also connect to the internet. I am looking for the most cost effective way, even if the product comes from abroad, hoping to only spend up to £100 and any ideas tips and links to products would be welcome.

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    If you have internet you could use WiFi calling.

Alternatively, there is a government scheme to subsidize the installation of 4G Home WiFi aerials in rural locations. This would give you EE 4G broadband and you could then use WiFi Calling.

It is possible to buy an aerial and "booster" (a GSM repeater) for the phone signal however they are not licensed for use in the UK.
  • Hi
    Apparently

Today, regulations come into force that allows people to use certain types of mobile phone repeater without the need for a licence so i assume this is now legal what you say is not.
    Do you know some i could buy as i am struglingto find the right ones, only find ones compatible with 4 g routers.
    Thanks
    Link to new regulation
    https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/mobile-phone-repeaters
  • nick74
    nick74 Posts: 829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Googling brings up hundreds, for example;

https://www.mobilesignalboosters.co.uk/product-category/by-use/home/

However I think you're unlikely to get anything for sub £100, particularly if you want to cover 4G bands.
  • Uxb1
    Uxb1 Posts: 732 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Signal boosters are now legal in the UK with certain proviso's.

Note tht they only allowed to boost the signal from one mobile phone company which you choose on setup.
    So if everyone in the house is on O2 that is no problem however if some are say on Voda' and some on O2 then you have a problem
  • DREKLY
    DREKLY Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    use a tin of SPAM...!  the can focuses the signal, eh ?   😄
    16 x Enhance 250w panels + SolarEdge Inverter + TREES :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts