stainless steel garlic soap

I've just bought a stainless steel soap, that is supposed to remove the smell of garlic.i've not tried it yet,tried to find out how it works on the internet,couldn't find anything except someone else asking the same thing!people seem to say it works though, also apparantly just rubbing hands on stainless steel sink or spoon also works.
Do any of you clever money savers know how?

Comments

• Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I bought one of these a while ago - £15 ish on QVC, £1.99 in local shop. Just wash your hands in the water, whilst rubbing the 'soap' sometimes for up to 30 secs I seem to remember seeing. It does work, although I have heard that rubbing your hands on the tap/sink whilst washing also works, but this was pre my MSE days, so could have saved myself £1.99 ;D

Mind you, you are meant to be able to use these 'soaps' in dishes of water as room fresheners (not tried that yet) so would be hard to cart kitchen sink into living room ::)
  • If u wash your hand in cold water rather than hot the smell will go away quicker! how? well hot water opens your pores up and the garlic gets absorbed into your hands and you can smell it forever!
    So stick to cold water and soap.
    That mrs macchicken to you!
  • Peakma
    Peakma Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks for replies , but I dont need the thing to remove any garlic smells,I just was wondering what the scientific explanation of the object is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure