We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sounds like you all had a fantastic time Dave and lovely photos. Bet you can’t wait for th the actual wedding now!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Fay wrote: »
    Sounds like you all had a fantastic time Dave and lovely photos. Bet you can’t wait for th the actual wedding now!
    Which one? Remember, there are two, a year apart! :eek::rotfl:
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Which one? Remember, there are two, a year apart! :eek::rotfl:
    Both, surely lol. Bet they get better each time!
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    choille wrote: »
    That sounds really lovely Alfie - I wish Collie wobble were so good - he was quick in house training just recall seems to be really slow. Especially if there's something more exciting happening he goes deaf.
    Dull day here & drizzle - glad we got wood sawn yesterday & washing done and line dried.
    Winds dropped so that is good.
    OH has a client to see this afternoon so I will get dropped off at beach & walk to them - a good walk for collie Wobble.

Hi Choille, am reading through the thread and there may be more answers after this but my collie is identical with us and the dogwalker. He's fine for the first 30 mins and then his recall is lalalala I can see you but I'm not listening. He's such a lovely dog apart from this.
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    I train with a "clicker" [2 clicks] ONLY used for a recall and a treat given on return .. [something super tasty]
    used it even from one room to another then into the garden ...
    marsha took all of 2 hours to "get" the idea ...lol
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Choille, am reading through the thread and there may be more answers after this but my collie is identical with us and the dogwalker. He's fine for the first 30 mins and then his recall is lalalala I can see you but I'm not listening. He's such a lovely dog apart from this.

Yes, It's a trial especially at this time when the beach has a lot more interesting things going on as there are more people about with dogs.

I may try a trainer who I've just been told about. I'm getting scared to let him off lead as not everyone wants an excitable collie chasing their little dog to play.

Sounds good Dave with the ceremony - lovely day for you all.

Alfie - he just finds other dogs more exciting than coming back to boring old me.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    meet my new foster

34i6cxu.jpg
  • Oh, that nose and ears!!!

I've had a rubbish time, culminating in my brother dying on Tuesday following an accident. Been on the receiving end of some very unpleasant stuff from people I'm genetically related to and some incredible kindness from both complete strangers and friends.

The weedpatch is living up to its name by filling up with Green Alkane/Dandelions/Dicentra Alba/Goosegrass/something knee high and pink in the distance and I haven't the energy to do much about it, as my intended long weekend pottering about out there in the sunshine was abandoned to spent it in the enclosed area of Neurological Intensive Care. Any suggestions?

My small cherry tree (a Stella on dwarf stock) also only appears to have blossomed on one twig. The rest is looking healthy, glossy leaves, etc, but no blossom. I don't think they've suckered from underneath the graft. Any ideas [strike]Dave[/strike]?

I'm needing distraction. Got some Wednesday when I had to diagnose the problem with the washing machine by putting my head right underneath it as Himself ensured I wasn't decapitated by it falling forward (I have no idea how it was put in, but the power lead is going to have to be cut to get it out again). No hose problems, but the plastic housing the drum must have split somewhere, as it was chucking water out over the various electrical components. IIRC, electrickery and water either don't go together well or go together a bit too well for humans, so it'll be taken away as soon as we can get a cheap replacement.

I keep looking up at that nose and ears! That would be the best distraction in the world...
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry to hear about your brother Jojo. And the family issues surrounding his death.

I'm in the middle of trying to find a new mortgage deal, and hating every minute of it! The lawn needs mowing, but as it's been raining that's going to have to wait for a day or so.

My native bluebells are up and out, and appear to have spread. So I will continue trying to exterminate the spanish ones to avoid hybridisation.

Lots of things appear to have been frosted, so I'll have to see what I can do to rescue them.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 April 2019 at 7:32PM
    Very sorry to read your sad news, Jojo and glad some folks have helped you sustain some faith in humanity. :A

Families can be 'difficult.' I well remember the gathering we had on DW's side when her cousin passed. The husband, who was never any good with words, gave a eulogy which although sincere, only succeeded in damning his wife with faint praise. Afterwards, the deceased's cousin made a point of going over and saying just how bad it was, in language that even made me blush. :o We beat a hasty retreat at that point.....:(

I wouldn't worry about the Weed Patch right now; we're due Storm Hannah any time soon, so this weekend won't be the time to sort it. By next weekend you may be more in the mood to get stuck in and give it some welly. ;)

Can't help on the cherry tree I'm afraid, unless it was one of those nights of frost. We had 4 in a row, but our plums and wild cherries have all flowered well. Our dessert cherries were all turned into firewood when they got too big to protect. :o

Finally got the right stuff from Howdens today. Carpenter will be here mid May and plumber at the end....[STRIKE]probably[/STRIKE] maybe. I have to lay the floor before that.:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback