Don't book car parking through Rynair

Options
I booked flights, car hire and car parking at Stansted through Ryanair's website on 14th March for our August holiday. Sorted! or so I thought. On 5th April Ryanair decided to discontinue the route. Refunded very quickly for flights and car hire. No refund for car parking. If I had booked with MAG Stansted direct I would have got a refund but because I booked through Ryanair website they won't refund. Why is this given they advertise on the Ryanair website and you get encouraged (pushed) to book it all at the same time. Neither Ryanair or MAG Stansted will refund my £98 car parking. Both blaming the other. Surely this isn't right? Not my cancellation and months away? Any advice?

Comments

• knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Claim on your travel insurance?
  • LymoGirl
    Options
    Yes, I am trying that but there is an excess. It just doesn't seem right that they would have refunded if I had booked direct.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Looking on MAG Stansted site they say if you book through a third party you claim any refund from them.

On Ryanair site they say you are booking through a third party and claim from the third party.

SO both seem to be passing the buck.
  • LymoGirl
    Options
    Exactly. But I can't seem to get any redress. Whatever their hang ups with each other, this is clearly unfair on consumers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure