What's the worst thing your pet has done?

Comments

• My cat Roxy, likes to jump on top of the bedroom door and cry until we get a chair to get her down. She's recently realised she can jump onto the bed from the top of the door without hurting herself. It's actually quite funny when she bombs from 7 foot up onto my sleeping Mrs :)
  • My Benji was a real terror and very partial to a good chew.The first week should have run up the warning flags but probably like yourself I was tolerant of the new family addition.Two pairs of shoes,a sofa and the rabbit cage,the rabbit I think must have made a bolt for freedom over the back garden wall.
    But he was a lovable affectionate soul and sort of grew on me.
    However one day I found him in the garden with the fence between next door destroyed and the bloke was'nt too happy.It seemed his two pitbulls were nowhere to be found,I think they must have made a bolt for freedom over the back garden wall.
    Then came the evening of the burglary.I woke on hearing a commotion and on running downstairs found Benji in the kitchen amid an awful mess,a crowbar,a single trainer but no sign of any intruder.The Police arrived with a German Shepherd Police dog.

As I talked to the officer by the front door he sent the dog for a hunt around the house in case the burglar was hiding indoors.The dog started barking and the officer ran into the kitchen then out again at speed straight through the open front door.
    Never did find any trace of the burglar or for that matter the German Shepherd.I think they both made a bolt for freedom over the back garden wall.
    Anyway shortly after I was offered an overseas work contract and did'nt think it fair to leave Benji with a pet sitter.Especially as the last one had left without notice or even made contact to give an explanation,might as well have disappeared into thin air.
    So I found Benji a new home and he seems quite happy at Whipsnade zoo with the other crocodiles.
  • I have two Beagles so the list of candidates for "worst thing" is extensive, but the absolute worst thing? My little boy Beagle has a poop eating habit, and every now and then he vomits up the partially digested contents of his stomach - usually onto our bedroom carpet. The stench is beyond belief, and this is coming from someone whose nasal sensitivity has been dulled by years of exposure to Beagle farts and bad breath.
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,017
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Just last night I got home from work to find our middle cat making her way across the cupboard in the lounge gently pushing all the cuddly toys on top, off onto the floor.

She then settled down to lie on a cushion. Then realising I was watching, flicked a koala toy off the shelf, whilst looking at me with a "and?!?" look on her face.

She looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth but is the naughtiest of our three cats by far.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • jjhdee
    jjhdee Posts: 65
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Our late pet cat once presented me with worms and I was terribly afraid of them. No one was around but me so I was in a hurry to bring the worms outside the house while trying my best not to look at them.
  • MsPisces
    MsPisces Posts: 32 Forumite
    marrowgirl wrote: »
    My cat often brings in mice, frogs or worms and puts them on my pillow but the worst was when he put a slug on my mouth while I was asleep (I woke pretty sharpish!) I guess he was complaining about my snoring.

I'm so sorry that happened to you but thank you and your cat for the laugh that brought me at your expense! :rotfl:
  • sal1960
    sal1960 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Our lab dug up a fox’s cache of food and ran up and down a public footpath shaking a huge, bloody rabbit about much to the horror of lots a parents and children out for a nice Sunday bike ride! She refused to come back and a think my cries of ‘ It was already dead when she found it! ‘ fell on rather stunned deaf ears.:eek:
  • Not my cat, she belonged to one of my housemates at the time, about 15 years ago.

I was in the kitchen chopping up chicken to make a curry, at the time the cat was nowhere to be seen. In the 10 seconds or so it took to me turn away, walk over to the hob, light it and put oil in the pan, the cat had appeared from nowhere, jumped up on to the worktop and was gulping down the raw chicken. When I shouted at her she ran off, but not before grabbing the biggest remaining chunk to take with her.
  • My cat had ate my passport before honeymoon and I didn't go anywhere.
  • Tea_spiller
    Tea_spiller Posts: 55
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My Mr Dexter is a mischevious minx, he has destroyed my phones (landline & mobile), shoes & slipper many victims, chewed my watch strap & back kicked my laptop off bed but thankfully it escaped damage.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback