Our new TalkTalk haggling guide- please share your feedback

12346»

Comments

• an1179
    an1179 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I have left Talktalk they would not give me a better deal than Sky, I have better broadband speed even though I am on the same fibre deal. I've got everything I had with talktalk saving £12 a year but it was the principle they don't give loyal customers a good deal and I hate having conversations with them I did chat and not paying £4 for rubbish TV programmes that I don't watch.
  • I have been with TT for 4 years and they dont stick with their fixed deals.
    im on a 24month fixed price for phone Broadband and TV just rec latest bill with £4 rise. called them and they say its for the TV, I explained I was on a fixed price deal and they said it didnt include TV. The original package was for all 3 services, now they say it isnt.

Said I wont renew my contract when it runs out and they said thats my choice.

Looks like they dont need my custom ,, goodbye TT
  • rash.m2k
    rash.m2k Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    looks like they are a bit crap then when it comes to retentions, I'm due for renewal next month and will be within my last 30 days the end of this month.

They do have a good deal on at the moment for fibre, £20 x 18 months minus £85 topcashback, making is just over £15 per month for fibre!

Anyway looks like I'll have to go elsewhere when I leave - can you sign up with someone elses name? Or leave for a month and come back?
  • My contract with Talk Talk was due to end so I called to ask for new price. Initially, I was told £29.99 for the same service, broadband and unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles for up to 60mins which I rejected. This was then reduced to £27.99 which I also rejected advising I would look around for a better offer.
    The best deal I found was with Nowtv for the equivalent service at £18.00 a month for 18 months which I accepted. Talk Talk then emailed me about leaving which I ignored, then I received a letter again ignored until finally, they called me to ask what Nowtv had offered as they had received the cancellation and takeover of service notice. They then offered the same service for £17 a month on an 18-month contract with no price change for the duration of the contract.
    I decided to stay with Talk Talk as I never experienced had any problem with the service. Maybe worth ignoring them when you have moved providers until they get desperate and call
  • rash.m2k
    rash.m2k Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Switching over to virgin media from talktalk - £27 per month + £25 activation + £120 cashback makes virgin ~£19 per month. Rang talktalk once they sent me an email (we're sorry you're leaving blah blah) and offered me 60meg fibre for £19.95. Which is not a bad deal but whats the point of 60meg when for a quid less I can get 108meg?

Unless they can offer it to me for ~£15 per month I'll be sticking with Virgin.

FYI - for anyone else have some really good deals to hand to quote to them, thats when they 'ask their manager' and sort something better.
  • I have just sacrificed my telephone number to get my TalkTalk 'renewal' fast-broadband (non-fibre ADSL) contract, new telephone number.

Normally offered to new users, the WEB sign up allowed me to simply change my telephone number and get a £5 a month saving on my latest renew 'offer' (I've probably lost my TV lite-box catch up service, which is £4 a month extra per new user).

This was despite me trying to get a decent Loyalty deal from TWO customer service agents on the WEB Chat service.

In the last 7 Days, New customers were offered £17 a month for 18 months (no lite TV service), I was offered £19-95 when I was 'forced' (re-directed) to login to My Account specifying my original talktalk telephone number. Even THIS 'offer' was later, within 7 days, WITHDRAWN when talktalk put their charges up AGAIN to £22-95 a month.

With BAD service on e-mail outage and broadband outages in the last 6 months (Personally experienced and widely publicised), talktalk need to wake up and smell the coffee. If they close this loop hole, I will definitely leave them rather than pay £22-95 for non-fibre ADSL 'fast' Broadband !
    The Highwayman
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    talktalk need to wake up and smell the coffee.
    You're an excellent reason why they don't have to bother.

Despite TalkTalk's apparent "BAD service on e-mail outage and broadband outages in the last 6 months" you renewed your contract with TalkTalk ("I have just sacrificed my telephone number to get my TalkTalk 'renewal' fast broadband (non-fibre ADSL) contract").
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Highwayman,

This isn't the type of experience we want for you at all, we'd like to make sure your query is addressed. You can reach my team directly over Twitter (@TalkTalk) and we can take a look for you.

Jo - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure