Comparison websites for minibus

My friends and I are planning to hire a minibus for our upcoming weekend road trip because none of us owns a car that can accommodate the eight of us and all of our baggage. When I told my sister about this, she told me about a website that compares prices from various minibus operators. I’ve looked through the website and it seems like a reliable company. But I’d like to hear your opinions first. Is it recommended to hire minibus on the Internet? If any of you has experience in doing so, please let me know. :j
“The happier you are the more beautiful you become.”

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    which country are you looking to rent in?
    have you tried the car rental comparison sites? - if you filter on people carriers you should find some 9 seaters.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've hired people carriers from local hire companies with no problem, just phone around & ask.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Check the excess insurance covers mini buses.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,547
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Most car hire is booked through the internet these days, either direct with the hire firm or through a comparison site. A van or people carrier with three rows of seats can usually be obtained from most hire firms (assuming you mean self drive hire). Which website are you looking at and in which country is it required?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • We are going to London City. I already check some site but I'm torn if they are really reliable.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Probably easier and cheaper to make use of Uber rather than hiring a minibus and driver.

Or make use of the more than adequate tube,bus and train network in London via an oyster card
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I've already check Uber and the largest passenger seat that they can provide is six seater and we're eight PLUS the baggage it wouldn't fit at all. (Especially we're all girls, it only means that we have ALOT of baggages :D )

We also discuss if we just split in 2 teams and rent 2 cars but I think that it's more expensive?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've already check Uber and the largest passenger seat that they can provide is six seater and we're eight PLUS the baggage it wouldn't fit at all. (Especially we're all girls, it only means that we have ALOT of baggages :D )

Take less with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport