Csa finish date

My husband pays csa to his ex wife for his daughter who turns 19 in March she is currently doing an extended diploma level 3 next step is higher education or empllyment. The course finish date is middle of June he has been told by 3 people in the CMS our last payment is July as she will be 19 and csa finishes when the course ends in June 2019 I was under the impression we would pay until September has anyone else had there csa payment cease when the course finishes in June thanks for any help. My husband has also been told by the CMS to remind them to chase his ex wife so she can cancels the child benefit and csa on the last day of her course or we could overpay but we would get the money back. Thanks

Comments

• Sibz
    Sibz Posts: 389 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's a good question. I believe the September date is where a child becomes of an age that they are no longer eligible for child benefit and are not in (eligible) further education as in that case the Child Benefit payment year ends in September each year.

If the child has entered further (eligible) education both the child benefit eligibility and CMS case would end when that does - that's how I would take what they say... though I'm not 100% on this. The CMS run on the child benefit status so will not alter their case status until that has changed.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DISNEY wrote: »
    My husband pays csa to his ex wife for his daughter who turns 19 in March she is currently doing an extended diploma level 3 next step is higher education or empllyment. The course finish date is middle of June he has been told by 3 people in the CMS our last payment is July as she will be 19 and csa finishes when the course ends in June 2019 I was under the impression we would pay until September has anyone else had there csa payment cease when the course finishes in June thanks for any help. My husband has also been told by the CMS to remind them to chase his ex wife so she can cancels the child benefit and csa on the last day of her course or we could overpay but we would get the money back. Thanks

Stay under the impression that it is the end of August, anything sooner is a 'bonus', you can chase them but.... practically it is not in the receiving party's benefit to do so as soon as possible, since they are going to be losing income from two sources whilst the outgoings remain the same.
  • DISNEY
    DISNEY Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thanks for replies. Like I said we’ve been told liability ends when college course finishing could be because she will be 19 then and said liability ends on last day of college if the child benefit not cancelled and we pay we are entitled to our payment back as this would be an overpayment. Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure