Boots Big Bargains Thread!

Options
123457»

Comments

• catswiththumbs
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    I totally agree with your interpretation, unfortunately those high up in No7 have interpreted it differently and then fed that down to their staff who have shared that interpretation with their colleagues in stores.

As for the free gift, water, in store the till says it is a Linked sale but doesn't say what it is.

If they opened my parcels I would be putting a complaint in to their head office every time it happened, or send an email to the boss at Boots in London.

They opened 3 parcels (on the same day) and then took the stuff off me and refunded me. I just collect at a different store now. I did ask to speak to the manager and she was of the opinion that as I hadn't spent enough to qualify for the free gift they couldn't sell me the stuff. I argued that it wasn't my fault that when I put the stuff in my online basket I couldn't help it if a free gift was added too. I had no control over that. I had to admit defeat (was on my lunch hour from work so didn't have time to argue) and just vow that I would never order anything to be collected from there again. The manager is so intelligence challenged that she thinks Boots are owned by Walmart! I had to hold my laugh in.
  • charliesmydarlin2
    charliesmydarlin2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 21 April 2017 at 3:17PM
    Options
    I have just seen a link which I don't think I can share pop up on my FB if I can share it let me know and I will, it is clearance and a lots of the items that were removed when the 70% off sale started are now available at 50% off, what a surprise!!! it would have been a lot easier for me if the had just left them at 50% although I must admit that items I have just ordered were apparently sold out and weren't available in store at the 70% off sale.

It was via the extreme couponing site.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have just seen a link which I don't think I can share pop up on my FB if I can share it let me know and I will, it is clearance and a lots of the items that were removed when the 70% off sale started are now available at 50% off, what a surprise!!! it would have been a lot easier for me if the had just left them at 50% although I must admit that items I have just ordered were apparently sold out and weren't available in store at the 70% off sale.

It was via the extreme couponing site.

No need to go through a third party site, its just the usual clearance page http://www.boots.com/offers/offers-clearance
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • adoreholidays
    adoreholidays Posts: 4,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    No need to go through a third party site, its just the usual clearance page http://www.boots.com/offers/offers-clearance

Blimey the seventeen match my mood i got for £4 in the 90% sale (think was left as a blusher was missing) I gladly picked up for my sister for Christmas and SA said even thou can't reduce further for missing piece she said worth keeping an eye out for when they change the displays on make up as sometimes have some spare samples that would fit in the gap which was very helpful off her.

http://www.boots.com/seventeen-match-my-mood-beauty-box-10218147
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Blimey the seventeen match my mood i got for £4 in the 90% sale (think was left as a blusher was missing) I gladly picked up for my sister for Christmas and SA said even thou can't reduce further for missing piece she said worth keeping an eye out for when they change the displays on make up as sometimes have some spare samples that would fit in the gap which was very helpful off her.

http://www.boots.com/seventeen-match-my-mood-beauty-box-10218147

I couldn't believe my eyes in store, whenI saw how much they are trying to sell these for AGAIN! 0_0 I thought there were laws against that sort of thing? Clearly they were popular- NOT! I thought they looked like a total rip off...tiny little products.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    http://www.boots.com/boots-ultra-soft-80x3ply-regular-tissues-10200690

These are on the clearance shelf in my local for 49p a box. Think the packaging may be different, recall they were labelled as Boots daily tissues but same colour box as those pictured. They had loads of them.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family