Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cheery Daff
    • By Cheery Daff 22nd May 11, 7:41 PM
    • 8,898Posts
    • 45,850Thanks
    Cheery Daff
    Daffy's 'patchwork dreams' diary
    • 22nd May 11, 7:41 PM
    Daffy's 'patchwork dreams' diary 22nd May 11 at 7:41 PM
    Pour yourself a cuppa and pull up a chair, I can't half talk when I get going!

After nearly a year rambling on, I've decided it's high time to start a sparkly brand new diary to step up to a whole load of new adventures

A little bit about myself briefly (there's more at the start of the old thread)... I'm 31, live with Mr Daffs (Rock Star Boyfriend), and work full time - 2 days of which involve a 4 hour round commute, and the other 3 days involve walking upstairs to the attic

I've spent most of my life *not* working full time, and I intend to get straight back to *not* working full time in one job as soon as this contract's over I absolutely adore my job, but I like to do lots of other things too - what I want is a beautifully varied Patchwork Life

So... in order to do that, I need a money-related plan (so I don't become reliant on full time work), and a cheery skills-and-cheery-things plan

I don't have any debt any more (hooray! ), but I also don't have much in the way of savings either

So - here's the overall plan:

* 10,000 in patchwork living fund by December 2012
    * decent emergency fund just in case
    * plenty of little weekends away
    * enough to pay annual bills without scrabbling around

And here's how I'm going to do it:

* 400 a month into patchwork fund
    * any spare/extra cash into patchwork fund
    * 100 a month to emergency fund
    * detailed budget and PAYING MYSELF FIRST

I also have lots of none money plans... but I shall write another post with those in...

Hold onto your hats ladies and gentlemen, it's going to be a right rolicking ride!
Page 77
    • Pippilongstocking
    • By Pippilongstocking 8th Apr 12, 2:18 PM
    • 15,032 Posts
    • 99,335 Thanks
    Pippilongstocking
    Lovely to hear everything on here - sock emergencies are not good!

How kind of the folk to have you on the course for so litlte and how lovely you paid a donation to them now!

All sounding fun - I'm on extra tyres too this month - is it the type of car I wonder??

Keep up the good work -if the countries budgets were only over by your amounts we'd all be doing splendidly. x
    Total debt 26/4/18 <1925 we were getting there.
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 7867.38
    minus 112.06 = 7755.32
    Sleeves up folks.
  • vl2588
    Very re-affirming!
    Mortgage wanabee fund:
    /15,000 107%

Whoop whoop!
    • fannyadams
    • By fannyadams 28th Apr 12, 12:42 PM
    • 1,640 Posts
    • 2,497 Thanks
    fannyadams
    has this thread moved somewhere else? and if so can someone direct me to where the new one is?
    TIA
    FA
    xx
    just in case you need to know:
    HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
    DS#1 - my teenaged son
    DS#2 - my other teenaged son
    Barkin Things - my two retired greyhounds
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,238Users online

Martin's Twitter