Burnt clutch - hire vehicle

Comments

• debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    Taken from your own link:

"However, the spelling judgment is conventional in legal contexts"

Thank you for backing up my own argument.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    debtdebt wrote: »
    OP, don't enter into any more negotiation with them.

"Warrens and Co Solicitors". written in that specific spelling don't even exist if you google them. Also, the can't seem to spell judgment and furthermore it's called the Small Claims Track not the Small Claims System.

If I were you, I'd send one final email or letter stating that your address for service of legal documents is whatever it is and leave it at that.

If you need any help if they do issue proceedings (I doubt they will), I will help you with defending the process. (Former Defendant civil Solicitor)
    Well actually there are several tracks within the small claims system. The track is determined by the courts not the individual. So using the terminology small claims system is more appropriate than saying small claims track.
  • palasmy
    palasmy Posts: 179
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    debtdebt wrote: »
    OP, don't enter into any more negotiation with them.

"Warrens and Co Solicitors". written in that specific spelling don't even exist if you google them. Also, the can't seem to spell judgment and furthermore it's called the Small Claims Track not the Small Claims System.

If I were you, I'd send one final email or letter stating that your address for service of legal documents is whatever it is and leave it at that.

If you need any help if they do issue proceedings (I doubt they will), I will help you with defending the process. (Former Defendant civil Solicitor)

Thanks debtdebt really appreciate that gesture..
  • debtdebt
    arcon5 wrote: »
    Well actually there are several tracks within the small claims system. The track is determined by the courts not the individual. So using the terminology small claims system is more appropriate than saying small claims track.

Nobody in ththe legal world uses the term “Small claims system” it’s always “track” alongside fast track and multi track. Do you know of anyone using the term fast system and multi system?

That coupled with the fact that they spell judgment with two “e”s seems to suggest the person writing the email doesn’t have much legal experience.
  • palasmy
    Forumite
    Hello All

Have received the formal LBA from Warren Solicitors via email today..

Isn't it not appropriate for them to have send this through normal mail to my home address??

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/73.../LBA_Warren.PNG

Thanks
  • palasmy
    Forumite
    Just in case filehosting is annoying to register, have the alternative below,

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20ixvz9&s=9
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,276
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It's entirely appropriate to send it by normal mail - in fact many people on this forum advise it.

If it had been a signed for delivery, you could have refused to sign for it, and asked the postman/woman to take it away again.

By sending it normal mail, all they need to do is get proof of posting, and it's assumed to be delivered after one full working day.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • palasmy
    Forumite
    Ectophile wrote: »
    It's entirely appropriate to send it by normal mail - in fact many people on this forum advise it.

If it had been a signed for delivery, you could have refused to sign for it, and asked the postman/woman to take it away again.

By sending it normal mail, all they need to do is get proof of posting, and it's assumed to be delivered after one full working day.

Ectophile I meant they had sent this through email, and I was wondering how would they even know if I had seen it or has it been trashed into spam straight away..
  • palasmy
    Forumite
    Just another update, I had received another email from the same person few hours ago, asking me to ignore the previous mail that contained the LBA as an attachement!!

Wonder what is going on here...

"Dear Sirs

Please disregard the attached letter which was sent in error.

Kind regards.

Maria
    "
  • debtdebt
    Tell them you don!!!8217;t accept service by email.

Hold your nerve OP. Don!!!8217;t worry if they do issue proceedings. Act swiftly if they do though and keep us updated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure